Were the Marlies the best AHL team ever this year?

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
They had 54 wins in 76 games with a crazy 112 points.
Flew through most of the playoffs with the only real hiccup being the first round.
Johnsson had a ridiculous playoffs leading his team in goals and the league in points while playing 4 Less games.
Won the Calder for the first time in history

Has any team in the AHL ever been that dominate ?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Didn't some of those Hershey teams or Wilkes-Barre teams of the past 10 years just destroy the AHL in similar fashion?
I honestly don't follow much of the AHL beyond my own teams prospects...but I seem to recall this talk of AHL-dominance coming up before in years past.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs fans always hype everything around them...

They played seven games in the finals, it'd have been perfect if they shutout the first four games.

Now watch as Keefe joins Lou on Long Islan
d.
And non-Leaf fans always overhype Leaf players/coaches once they leave the Leafs. You guys would have loved Kyle Dubas if he left the Leafs. Imagine the hype if the Leafs let him go to Colorado last summer?
Lou hasn't been loved this much since he was with the devils. mark Hunter all of a sudden is a genius the Leafs let go.

Reactions: Lilou

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
So they're the best ever by one game?
If you really want to get technical, I'm making a point for them being the best for having one of the best season in AHL history, following it up with a Calder as well. Is there any AHL team you could think of that won the Calder and had a good season that could beat the team in a series

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Playoffs are now things to be jealous of too? You know more than half the teams do so, right?

Also you're talking to a Wings fan about being jealous of not making the playoffs... I saw that for 25 years straight of my life, I'm good.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Jealous of a young Leafs team that made the playoffs the last two years still having strong prospects in the pipeline to replace their expensive free agents with ELCs.

This is a safe space, let it all out
I think he’s more so jealous of Maple Leafs hockey the past 18 years... while in that time he was stuck watching the Red Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->