Were Reebok edge jerseys a mistake?

Xamar*

I think teams like like Ottawa and Dallas got bent with the Reebok edge jersey's

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
They're horrible. I still cringe when I look at the "diaper" effect on the bottom. I'm never buying a reebok jeresy. Hopefully they change them back once the contract runs out.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
They're horrible. I still cringe when I look at the "diaper" effect on the bottom. I'm never buying a reebok jeresy. Hopefully they change them back once the contract runs out.

I thought the players like the new material that they're mad out of, not as heavy and liquid-absorbent as before.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Quality is good, most look piss poor. Just look what they did to my Flames with that piping

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
What do you guys think? Do you believe that your teams jersey is better or worse than before?

Well my team is Montreal, so aesthetically there's no difference, but I prefer the fabric and somewhat tighter fit of the edge jerseys so I'll say they're better.

Xamar*

When does it run out ?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Look at how many teams changed their uniforms from when the Edge redesigns were introduced to what we see today. A good majority of teams abandoned their original Edge designs with only a few holdovers (Colorado, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Ottawa off the top of my head).

I sincerely hope the NHL doesn't renew their uniform license with Reebok.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Look at how many teams changed their uniforms from when the Edge redesigns were introduced to what we see today. A good majority of teams abandoned their original Edge designs with only a few holdovers (Colorado, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Ottawa off the top of my head).

I sincerely hope the NHL doesn't renew their uniform license with Reebok.

Yeah I doubt they will. There's a reason they are also signing with the UFC. I know they under the same brand, but I thought CCM was taking over?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love the slimmer fit. I never noticed before, but in retrospect, it makes the 90's jerseys all look like tents. I would never go back to that now.

That being said, the external designs of old were better.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I liked old designs and materials and fits better. Love the big loose jerseys. I dislike some "tightness" of the edge ones. But at least they brought the air knitty material back

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I like the slimmer fit also. But I feel like I'm gonna need an explanation of 'piping'. Anyone?

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Glad the Blues went back to their pre-Edge look, showing that the Edge jerseys can look good.

Then
tumblr_m4pezcwQpF1rw13vho2_500.jpg

Between
Barret+Jackman+St+Louis+Blues+v+New+Jersey+h-XO1RiSFtel.jpg

Now
Petro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg

Jerk Store*

They provide a good blank template to work with. Now how that is filled is questionable. I like the EDGE design itself. Some of the jersey designs that were introduced along with it, not so much.

I also very much like the slimmer fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad