We're falling

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
there isn't another thread for this? I mean, our struggles are only being discussed everywhere

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
1) We aren't even halfway into the season.
2) We have games in hand on nearly everyone.

Four points out with two games in hand is negligible at this point in the season. There is no reason to standings-watch at this point. No reason at all. Same as every year, the playoff cut-off will be somewhere in the mid-90s, and the Flames will need to go on a couple of good streaks between now and the end of the season to get there. If they finish 12+ games above .500, then likely they'll make the playoffs one way or another.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Faked news. I heard it's only pre season, dont worry. oh wait it's only mid season :P

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
We just won our last game how are we dropping like a rock?

And as mentioned if we win our games in hand we are likely at worst two points out so this seems to be a little bit overeactiony.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't care so much about where we are in the standings, yes it's somewhat troublesome but I'm more concerned about how we're playing. I don't have a ton of optimism for the remainder of the season unless something changes.

Reactions: Sk8M8 and Mobiandi

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
At least this time when the Flames do the Flames thing and play real well down the stretch only to end up two points outside a playoff spot, nobody will be pissed off that we played ourselves out of a top 10 pick.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
At least this time when the Flames do the Flames thing and play real well down the stretch only to end up two points outside a playoff spot, nobody will be pissed off that we played ourselves out of a top 10 pick.
End up just on the bubble, unexpectedly win the lottery. NYI drafts Dahlin.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Brilliant. Discourage fans from wanting to take silver linings out of the season.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Brilliant. Discourage fans from wanting to take silver linings out of the season.

If you're easily discouraged enough that a satirical post from an anonymous user on the internet prevents you from taking any silver lining out of this season, maybe you shouldn't be watching hockey.

Reactions: MonyontheMoney

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you're easily discouraged enough that a satirical post from an anonymous user on the internet prevents you from taking any silver lining out of this season, maybe you shouldn't be watching hockey.

We are very insecure just like the flames
We flutter easily

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’m still reasonably confident. This team can play with anyone when they try. And they have a history of being pretty good down the stretch. That’s what I’m holding onto anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad