Line Combos: Well we have one great line at least - Marchand-Bergy-Pasta

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-the-best-nhl-lines-1.621279

I'm not a big advanced stats guy but I will say that both the advanced stats and eye test are in agreement that Marchand-Bergy-Pastrnak is an awesome line. Bergy started off hurt and now looks better, he just needs a little puck luck to get going.

Now outside of this line and Rask we are in trouble...

We are too dependent on one line. Taking Pasta of the first line would allow us to spread out our lines better. Marchand and Bergeron can really play with anyone.

Marchand-Bergeron-Czarnik
Vatrano*/Nash-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Schaller-Moore-Blidh/Acciari*

I wouldn't mind seeing Debrusk come up to see what he could do on that 2nd line if all else fails. Still want to see Hayes magically disappear from this team.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Looks like Bergy is out unless he comes back. I think he should get healthy. I do not like Pasta on that line, Always though Backes would be perfect, just like Iggy should have been there. I like to see a good corner, cycle with size, go to the net guy like that with Bergy. That way he can stay out of the trenches and prolong his career, those 4 or 5 concussions have me worried. I would like to see Spooner and Pasta together again with Beleskey back checking and hitting for them. Let them do their thing the way they did a few years ago. This is all when Vatrano gets back, then him and Krech, Schaller.

Marchand, Bergy, Backes
Vatrano, Krech, Schaller
Pasta, Spooner, Beleskey
Acciari, Moore, Nash

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marchand - Bergeron - Cehlarik
Spooner - Backes - Pastrnak
Beleskey - Krejci - Czarnik
Schaller - Moore - Acciari/Nash/Hayes

I think Cehlarik may be a good fit with Marchand and Bergeron. He's smart, has size, and has a knack of getting to the net which is something, in my opinion, Marchand and Bergeron have missed since Recchi retired. If there isn't any developed chemistry, there's always playing Pastrnak, Heinen, Czarnik, or Vatrano on that line. I think Spooner - Backes - Pastrnak has the making to be a pretty good line. Spooner and Pastrnak have shown that they have chemistry. Backes played well with Pastrnak in the preseason, and the first couple of games of the season while Bergeron was out. Backes opens up the ice because of size while Spooner and Pastrnak can open up the ice with their speed on the wing. If Spooner ends up getting dealt, I could see Heinen or DeBrusk getting the call-up. Vatrano would end up replacing Czarnik on the 3rd line as it would give Krejci a shooter he can pass to. From my point of view, it looks like Beleskey and Czarnik have shown a bit of chemistry with one another these past few games, and hopefully that would carry over with Krejci who Beleskey has played with.

Sure Krejci or Backes would be centering the 3rd line, but look at the Penguins who have Malkin, Crosby, and Kessel playing on different lines and all average 18+ minutes. Good players will get their ice time whether it's on the PP, PK, or in certain situations late in the game. I also think it's something that will eventually happen given the amount of prospects the Bruins have on the wing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well if any consolation monster night for Bruins prospects all over the place from AHL to college to CHL

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-the-best-nhl-lines-1.621279

I'm not a big advanced stats guy but I will say that both the advanced stats and eye test are in agreement that Marchand-Bergy-Pastrnak is an awesome line. Bergy started off hurt and now looks better, he just needs a little puck luck to get going.

Now outside of this line and Rask we are in trouble...

I don't think the line is that great. After marchands 4 game start he has been below what we've seen in the past... bergeron clearly is less than we are used too.

No doubt pastrnak is scoring but this line isn't more dominant than it was with Bret Connolly or even Jimmy hayes.

I'd vote for moving pastrnak. .. hope he can breath life into krecji or spooner or even backes because they looked good together too

My attempt for lines

Nash bergeron marchand... let Nash carry their luggage
Pastrnak backes spooner ... try to get spooner going
Czarik krecji belesky... three balanced lines
Accari Moore schaller...

Hayes sits... when vatrano comes back belesky or nash moves to 4th line

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Vatrano

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Pasta

Schaeller -- Backes -- Czarnik

Spooner -- Moore -- Nash

ex: Acciari,Hayes

Chara -- Carlo

Krug -- McQuaid

Morrow -- KMiller

ex: CMiller, Liles

Rask
Doby

PP1

Schaeller
Bergeron
Spooner

Krejci
Krug

PP2

Marchand
Backes
Pasta

Morrow
Czarnik

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
It's an elite line, and I'd prefer to try to keep them together. With their CF%, their scoring is bound to catch up; Bergeron and Marchand will progress back to their mean rates of production.

I'd try Vatrano on Krejci's right.

I'd also prefer we move Spooner for a likewise young, skilled, but underachieving winger with top 6 upside; someone who might benefit from CJ's structured coaching & take off here. Spooner hasn't but someone else might. Right now, he's only dropping in value.

For example, Ryan Strome has been downtrending with the Islanders and is struggling this season.

Piles of talent -- wonder if Isles would do a Spooner/Strome swap?

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Marchand-Backes-Pasta
Spooner-Krejci-Bergeron
Beleskey-Nash-Czarnik
Blidh-Moore-Schaller

I still don't love the third line but I would love to see them switch Bergeron and Backes. Bergeron is struggling and would perhaps benefit offensively from a less responsible role. Backes has shown he can center the top line. I think it is the best shot at getting two productive top lines at the moment.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Vatrano

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Pasta

Schaeller -- Backes -- Czarnik

Spooner -- Moore -- Nash

ex: Acciari,Hayes

Chara -- Carlo

Krug -- McQuaid

Morrow -- KMiller

ex: CMiller, Liles

Rask
Doby

PP1

Schaeller
Bergeron
Spooner

Krejci
Krug

PP2

Marchand
Backes
Pasta

Morrow
Czarnik
Id like

Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-pasta
Schaller-Moore-Accari/Nash

PP1
Pasta-Spooner-Backes
Krug-Krejci

pp2
Bergy-Marchy-Czarnik/Vatrano
Morrow-Cmiller/Czarnik

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Id like

Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-pasta
Schaller-Moore-Accari/Nash

PP1
Pasta-Spooner-Backes
Krug-Krejci

pp2
Bergy-Marchy-Czarnik/Vatrano
Morrow-Cmiller/Czarnik

That is a very solid line up. Spooner and Pasta had so much chemistry when they played together with Lucic two years ago and Claude really hasn't played them together since. I would like to see them together for an extended stretch. Like the addition of Vatrano on the second line. I wouldn't mind even seeing someone like Debrusk given a shot on the Bergeron line. There is no doubt that the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line is legit, but I think it's best for the team to spread the wealth through the line up.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I'd keep Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak together.
You need a line like that who can give you consistent scoring every night.

The sad fact is the Bruins don't have a lot of wing scoring outside of Pastrnak and Marchand. Too bad we gave up a 20+ goal scorer, Reilly Smith, for the lunk of useless that is Jimmy Hayes.

And the Brett Connolly trade? Two 2nd rounders for a pile of garbage we cut from the team for no compensation.

The way that our 2nd round picks tend to outperform our 1st round picks, that's actually a significant loss. Brandon Carlo for example is a 2nd rounder.

I hope we trade Spooner soon and save him from Clode's purgatory. There's no way he blossoms in Boston. We prefer to sign 30 year old+ centers rather than give our home grown centers a chance.

He deserves better than Boston, I just hope the trade happens before his value tanks into Koko territory. Hell Ryan might be better served running off to the KHL too!

RobG15

Feb 11, 2016
So with Vatrano soon to return what will the lineup look like??.......

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Vatrano Krejci Backes
Spooner Czarnik Beleskey
Hayes Moore Nash
Schaller

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid
K. Miller C. Miller
Morrow

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So with Vatrano soon to return what will the lineup look like??.......

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Vatrano Krejci Backes
Spooner Czarnik Beleskey
Hayes Moore Nash
Schaller

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid
K. Miller C. Miller
Morrow

Schaeller will most definitely be in the lineup over Hayes.

Czarnik, while he has shown great hustle, determination, and awareness while flashing some skill, is not quite ready to be a center, which is why he's done his best work on the RW.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->