Well..Today is Wednesday.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
A lot of sources are saying today is the day. I pulled this stunt post last Friday and many of you laughed im sure because nothing happened (or were very sad like me :( )

I dont know..but im REALLY getting that gut feeling that today, on July 13th 2005, that this is it..this is the day the the NHL and PA will announce a "deal in principle". Dont ask why..but im feeling it today. Stan "not" the man Fishler is reporting both sides could pull a "up all nighter" to end this CBA, lets hope so. C'on hockey fans..PRAY that this is it..the end. :handclap:

PS: If the deal in principle is NOT agreed on today then I will (like i said in another thread) ban myself from the business section for a week (or till a agreement). I just cant take this false hope anymore...the media playing with my emotions is just un-cool and I cant take it anymore. :(

So c'on..who is "overally" optimistic on this day and feels a deal will be signed on the dotted line???????????????

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
The sun'll come out tomorrow
Betchur bottom dollar that tomorrow
there'll be sun
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
Till there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day
that's gray and lonely,
I just stick out my chin
and grin and say...
oh...

The sun'll come out tomorrow.
So you gotta hang on till tomorrow
come what may.
Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya, tomorrow
You're only a day away.

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya tomorrow
You're only a day away.

Oil_slick9416*

got the time in the end, got the time in the end.

with a shadow of doubt the soldiers march on, like a million tiny ants
looking for some fun. they say that time stand still when all by yourself hoping that a bagel doesn't hit the floor, jumping up jumping down moving all around got your number on my wall, but i aint gonna make call, when divied we're standing united we fall.

JUMP

deal gets done friday

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
You know what this thread is missing?

This thread is missing one Mr. McKenzie coming on and posting

"Nope, not today (Wednesday)..."

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Kritter471 said:
You know what this thread is missing?

This thread is missing one Mr. McKenzie coming on and posting

"Nope, not today (Wednesday)..."

I hope not! Bob stay away from this thread if you have bad news! ;)

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
A lot of sources are saying today is the day. I pulled this stunt post last Friday and many of you laughed im sure because nothing happened (or were very sad like me :( )

I dont know..but im REALLY getting that gut feeling that today, on July 13th 2005, that this is it..this is the day the the NHL and PA will announce a "deal in principle". Dont ask why..but im feeling it today. Stan "not" the man Fishler is reporting both sides could pull a "up all nighter" to end this CBA, lets hope so. C'on hockey fans..PRAY that this is it..the end. :handclap:

PS: If the deal in principle is NOT agreed on today then I will (like i said in another thread) ban myself from the business section for a week (or till a agreement). I just cant take this false hope anymore...the media playing with my emotions is just un-cool and I cant take it anymore. :(

So c'on..who is "overally" optimistic on this day and feels a deal will be signed on the dotted line???????????????

Nope I laugh because Sather killed a great line and you honour that line. ;) Dumbest move he made as GM of the Rangers IMO.

Back to the topic. This day seems different than the others. If it doesn't lead to a deal then I don't know what will because everything is being thrown at this. They have been going like mad coming into this day. This would be what, day 10 in a row of 16+ hour meetings. If they aren't close now then they should just shut down and make way for the WHL.

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
Im with you and also belive it will be today, if not I will also leave for a week becuase this waiting is pissing me off, anyways here si to the return of hockey, or a weeks vacation from the Business of Hockey

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
meh I dunno..I'm not really worried about the time it takes to get teh deal done as I am about the "ratifcation" period. It better be shorter then the 7-10 days as reported.

Today would be a good day for the NHL to announce since the only thing there is is the Tour De France I think ...

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Just to add fuel to the fire...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130240

NEW YORK (CP) - The NHL and NHL Players' Association were still in talks past midnight EDT on Tuesday as they continued their efforts to close a deal on the 300th day of the lockout.

The two sides, meeting for the ninth straight day in New York, began at noon EDT and were still at it more than 12 hours later. Each side also held internal discussions in the morning.

drbill28

Feb 25, 2003
Pomfret Center, CT
Visit site
heh, I think negotiations will end tomorrow. But I think nothing is formally or informally announced.

I was in that stupid Eklund chat. They're claiming it's still being written and will be done tomorrow. If that's the case then negotiations would be done but not the agreement. They don't just say "Ok, we wrote what you want down, here it is." Without checking it first. Which with 95 and the length of it could take two or more days to check for loopholes and accuracy.

So, the best bet would be leak tomorrow they're done talking. Announcment some other time when it's actually ready to be handed off.

Vomiting Kermit*

I'm in an overly optimistic mood! I bet they sign on the dotted line today.

w00t

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Even if it gets done tommorow , we're still going to have to wait awhile before anything interesting starts to happen with all of our teams rosters.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Kritter471 said:
The sun'll come out tomorrow
Betchur bottom dollar that tomorrow
there'll be sun
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
Till there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day
that's gray and lonely,
I just stick out my chin
and grin and say...
oh...

The sun'll come out tomorrow.
So you gotta hang on till tomorrow
come what may.
Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya, tomorrow
You're only a day away.

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya tomorrow
You're only a day away.

i have no idea who wrote that song but I remember hearing it during an episode of Chipmunks-- I loved that show when I was a kid but now I realize it was just a tool to get kids into liking pop music :(

The Joker*

Yes, today is Wednesday folks. And tomorrow is Thursday, and the day after that is Friday. What do these days all have in common?
a) the media will bring us false hope
b) the media will lie to us
c) no deal will be announced

Do I hope I'm wrong? Hell yea. But do I think I'll be wrong? Hopefully :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad