Post-Game Talk: Well that was embarrassing... Leafs scrape by 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well the stock answer is Babcock. Or Lou’s legacy if you want to go deeper. :sarcasm:
Well one look at the islanders since Lou took over tells anyone paying attention it aint Lou.

His teams never sit at the bottom of the league in goals against.

Ill add that only in leaf nation does this seem to go unnoticed ....... Islanders have improved without JT and Toronto with JT has not.

Puzzling

Reactions: egd27

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I listen to talk radio in Toronto (590 and 1150) everyday. Have heard Hutchinson ripped to shreds. Have not heard anything near that toward Freddie. Hayes, Odog, Noodles, Button, Poulin, Stellick, the two annoying guys in the morning 590. The leaf cheerleader who hosts "leafs lunch" None of them speak about Freddy with anything but praise. The nearest they will go is to say the leafs play him too much and need another back up that can ease the load for him.
Now play off time has been a bit different, where Freddy has never been know or referred to as a "money goalie"
Yeah I don't listen to those people a lot, but I don't see how you can talk about a guy who has a 0.889% over the last 20 games and praise him. That's a bottom 10 mark among all goaltenders in that timespan. And if you watch him, he looks like a shadow of his usual self.

Hutchinson has been torn to shreds for good reason, and he still has better stats than Andersen. Just an easier target.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah I don't listen to those people a lot, but I don't see how you can talk about a guy who has a 0.889% over the last 20 games and praise him. That's a bottom 10 mark among all goaltenders in that timespan. And if you watch him, he looks like a shadow of his usual self.

Hutchinson has been torn to shreds for good reason, and he still has better stats than Andersen. Just an easier target.
For sure. Easier target is all.

I dont disagree. Never thought Freddy was as good as T.O media portray him to be.
Anahiem had no second thoughts on trading him and they had a better look than anyone.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
With as bad as our defence has been, Freddie has saved our skin so many times. Crazy, the slander this guy gets when he’s in tough. This is a short memory market, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad