And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

Meaning of Auld Lang Syne and Cup O' Kindness
The Meaning of 'Auld' is "Old" and the meaning of 'Lang Syne ' is "Long Since". The lyrics "We'll take a cup o' kindness yet" refers to the tradition of raising a glass, or a cup o' kindness meaning with "good will, friendship and kind regard" and in remembrance of "noble deeds". The custom of drinking a "health" at a special gathering to the prosperity or good health of another dates back into antiquity. The old Christmas term 'Wassail' derives from Old Norse phrase 'ves heill' meaning "be healthy". So next time you sing Auld Lang Syne you'll now know its meaning!
"For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne."

Auld Lang Syne : Meaning of Lyrics
The Auld Lang Syne lyrics actually consist of five verses and this full version of the Poem Auld Lang Syne is featured in the Christmas Poems section, complete with its history, its old origins and the meaning of the ancient Scottish words.

The Auld Lang Syne song is traditionally accompanied by people joining hands in friendship as they look forward to the New Year ahead and pledging that whatever changes life may bring that old friends will not be forgotten.

Goodbye 2019 Hello 2020...

One positive and one negativize comment's please per post and they can be both personal as well as Jets related as long as the mods agree?

Well one more game before dreaded 2019 is over.

Thank God... I have had the worst health year in my life and I am still battling some complications but will start 2020 in much better shape than 2019.

P: I am positive that our Jets have done better then most of us have expected just before the beginning of the seasons start.

N: Too many of you say we will never win the cup!

A walk back down recent memory lane Apr 24, 2019

Time for a new "mini youth movement"?

Thanks to HF Boards and all the Mods...

HF Jets is a family with all its good and bad...

I wish you all and the ones you love the very best in 2020...

Go :jets Go

Cheers

If you click loop in the video it will constantly replay as you scroll through the thread as long as when you want to go to page 2 you open a new window keeping the video playing on page one window. This sure could be used on GDT game threads by you all who generously create them for us as well, thanks for that btw.

On the video before or once the video starts playing right click and then click loop located right at the top :thumbu:

Try it out now...

Your Pal Al

Should auld acquaintance be forgot well we haven't forgotten Aavco Cup, come back bud...It's not the same without you it would be like not having a Sip, it just should never ever be...

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Are you a fan of the podcast The Anthropocene Reviewed by any chance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad