Well, now that the rebuild is over...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
How is building a defense first, versus still having zero candidates for a top pairing defenseman, "minor tuning of a train that's still on the same track"?
I mean we can't draft 100% d-men until we have a defense that's good enough. We've spent tons of picks on D, and added guys like Russo, Sulak and Hicketts in an attempt to adress the position. The fact is, like you mention, that they take longer to develop. "Unfortunately" it hasn't made sense for us to take D with many of our 1st round picks. I think you could probably agree with that as well. It doesn't mean we are any less "all in".

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I mean we can't draft 100% d-men until we have a defense that's good enough. We've spent tons of picks on D, and added guys like Russo, Sulak and Hicketts in an attempt to adress the position. The fact is, like you mention, that they take longer to develop. "Unfortunately" it hasn't made sense for us to take D with many of our 1st round picks. I think you could probably agree with that as well. It doesn't mean we are any less "all in".
We just aren't going to agree, and are too far apart on this to really have a dialogue. We'll see what the future holds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->