Well, It's Over...

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
17 Years of life, 0 broken bones...until now...Last game I took a shot in the thumb, thought nothing of it, even came back and scored a goal, the game winner to boot.

Today it was extremely bruised and swollen...went to the emergency and my thumb is broken...out 4-6 weeks. It was a good run, but finally I have broken a bone and am taking my first extended break from hockey. To make it worse I have to miss and out of town tournament this weekend too...oh well...

Just a little venting thread for my frustrations...

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I know the feeling all too well. I had to quit rep hockey going into Midget due to post-concussion syndrome. I could have gone back to play house league later in the season, but didn't want to at the time. Regret it now, 11 years later, but oh well.

I took a shot in the ribs just before Christmas. No broken bones, but some deep bruising and some apparent ligament damage, according to the doc. Couldn't do a sit-up to save my life.

sjmay*

I took a shot in the ribs just before Christmas. No broken bones, but some deep bruising and some apparent ligament damage, according to the doc. Couldn't do a sit-up to save my life.

I don't need a puck in the ribs to tell me I can't do a sit-up, much easier ways to tell than that bud ;) heh,

Yea, I ended up losing a scholarship due to injuries, it sucks...

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Interesting timing. A big hulking dude fell on my leg last night and I heard a crack as my leg buckled. I can walk ok, so it's not broken but I'm trying to limit the weight I'm putting on it as I know something is wrong. Gonna go to the doctor probably tomorrow to get some x-rays. Hope it's not cracked :(

machoki

Feb 24, 2009
Budapest
Man, i broke my acl ligament when i was 17, missed out 10 months.. now I'm 18, my carreer is basicely over.

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
If money is not a problem you should still go to the tournaments with your team. That is what I miss most about playing when I was younger are the road trips.
Also if you just broke your thumb you can still participate in skating drills. I would try and keep that part sharp, so when you come back you are still in good shape.

Briere Up There*

When I broke my thumb I bought 15'' gloves (to fit over the splint) and played two weeks after the corrective surgery. I was out for 3 weeks.

As long as you can skate try to play.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah, I can't bend my thumb, or fit it in my glove, not to mention my parents won't allow me to play...oh well just gotta stay in shape and hope that my team will make the playoffs so I can hopefully play in them

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Wondering, does anyone know if there is such thing as a playing cast for a broken thumb?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->