Well, it's official: Toews = Phaneuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
The numbers have been crunched, and the votes are in.

Pierre McGuire's official man-crush this year will be...

*Drumroll*

Jonathan Toews.

"Like vintage Bryan Trottier, with a shot like Brett Hull"

Phaneuf's shoes are big ones to fill, but I have confidence that Toews can be that monster. Whammo!

Last edited:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
McGuire has wisely chosen a player who I believe is eligable for 3 years at the WJC's.

I have no doubt we will all form a deep resentment for Toews by the time he steps on to an NHL rink

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
arrbez said:

*Drumroll*

Jonathan Toews.

Phaneuf's shoes are big ones to fill, but I have confidence that Toews can be that monster. Whammo!

Wham! Wham!! Wham!!! It's a Triple Toews!

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
You know what's really funny about all of this-----its true. He mentions Phaneuf every bloody chance he gets.

"Hey Gord, did you know that Brent Sutter's brother is gm of Calgary??? He picked Dion Phaneuf, hugged him and now Phaneuf for team Canada baybee"

Every time somebody gets rocked----"Hey Gord, do you remember when Dion hit Olesz and got a major??? That was because the head was the first point of contact and in international rules that means a penalty"

And yes, it is Toews for sure. We'll be so sick of hearing about Toews that you'll want to scream. Also we'll be sick of him saying---"Hey Gord, did you know that Downie is right on the fence??? He's got to be careful. Sutter's got to keep him on a short leash"

I swear he's said downie is on the fence 50 times already.

weezman

sveiglar said:
Wham! Wham!! Wham!!! It's a Triple Toews!

I'm so tired I mentally skipped the 'w' and read that as:

"Wham! Wham! Wham! It's a Triple Toes!"

A little amusing I thought.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
As much as Pierre is a bit over-the-top, I have to give a shout-out to Gord Miller. He's a pleasure to listen to, and from what I've seen/heard is very objective.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Rabid Ranger said:
As much as Pierre is a bit over-the-top, I have to give a shout-out to Gord Miller. He's a pleasure to listen to, and from what I've seen/heard is very objective.
Gord is one of the best play-by-play men in hockey. Bar none.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:

Absolutely.

Rico__Persson*

Rick Middleton said:
Gord is one of the best play-by-play men in hockey. Bar none.

That call he has on a goal, you know, SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARES, can be a little much in a high scoring game.

Only fault.

Misos Milakos*

I beg to differ. Pierre carries that tandem, give Gord to the US and bring back a real play by play man in Paul.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
HemskyFreak83 said:
at least he's been quiet about Parise

Fear not...once Parise starts showing a pulse at the NHL level, rest assured PM will be back on that backwagon. It'll be ParisePariseParise until the Apocalypse.

"That delayed offside was ALL Parise, Gord!!"

As for Toews, next game I'm going to have a drinking contest; one beer for every time Pierre mentions the word 'special' in relation to Toews. I'm sure I'll be projectile puking by the 2nd intermission...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
arrbez said:

*Drumroll*

Jonathan Toews.

I don't know if he shoots as thunderous a Hull, he does have a great shot though, but the Trottier comparison is pretty good. I've always thought a grittier Brad Richards. As for PM, I wish that he would just act like himself instead of wooping it up for the TV. He's alot better on the Fan 590.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I think it just makes his job easier. He can focus on just one player and doesn't need to make observations about anyone else. Perhaps that will change once he gets familiar with the players?

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
I'm thanking Jesus on December 25th this year that Toews isn't a bone-crushing hitter, or Maguire might start talking about that Howe guy.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
If McGuire is gonna have a man crush on anyone it's gonna be Bourdon, McGuire always goes for the hard nosed guys who like to hit, and hit hard (TooToo, Phaneuf, etc). I can see it already.."_____ just got Bourdoooowwwnnnedddd"

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Pete Rock said:
I'm thanking Jesus on December 25th this year that Toews isn't a bone-crushing hitter, or Maguire might start talking about that Howe guy.

It's Christmas. Don't drag Jesus into this.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Don't worry, once you think you're at the end of your rope with all the Toews talk... Pierre will EL-KABONG you with some of his man-lust for Pogge or Cogliano.

Worst part about his love for Cogs... I'm an Oiler fan... WHAMMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->