Welcoming of Coyotes fans if our arena situation isn't resolved

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
Just a preemptive, hopefully not case scenario.. Personally, I would want to support another desert team and it would be neat to follow along with a new organization. Still praying the Yotes do not leave our Valley.

Cheers Vegas peeps!

Here's my personal hockey history:

-Born and raised in Calgary, dual citizen
-As a kid in the 90s I was never a Flames fan but a 100% Pavel Bure fan, when he got traded to Florida I stopped watching hockey for probably 3-4 years
-Became a Flames fan in 2000 to support the team when they had no fans..
-Visited the valley with family who had a place here in 2000 when The Flames were an inch away from moving to Portland, became a big Coyotes fan then as my backup team. The Kachina jerseys sold me! Love them.
-Followed the Coyotes since 2000 but bought season tickets to The Flames in 03/04 (The year they went to the cup final)
-I've watched every single Coyotes game since 2006 as it was the first year they offered center ice in Calgary and followed the Yotes more than the Flames from that year forward. I used to play Shinny pickup Hockey on outdoor rinks and get heckled in my Yotes jersey in Calgary.
-The Coyotes, dual citizenship, the Economy (More affordable housing in AZ) and the crappy weather in Calgary always levitated me to settle my future in the Valley, Which I moved down in 2009 and will continue living here forever regardless of the Coyotes leaving.
-???
-Vegas Golden Knights fan

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
First of all, hopefully your arena situation gets situated and the Coyotes remain in the desert.

Secondly, anyone in a Knights sweater and cheering for the Knights is okay with me. So...welcome...if need be. :laugh:

Honestly wish that if they were just going to blow it up for 17-18 that they'd have moved here, but what's done is done.

manictech

Apr 9, 2012
Tucson,AZ
Will become a Knights fan if the Yotes do leave AZ. Already planing on catching a few games in Vegas next season anyway.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We should definitely welcome Yotes fans if they do indeed move, hoping they don't, but if they do we could do as Nashville did when Atlanta left and offer a jersey exchange program as a good start.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'd much rather hate the Coyotes, I think that could be a great rivalry. If the Coyotes leave town, the more Arizona fans on the Knights wagon the better as far as I'm concerned.

I think we should get more picks in the fan dispersal draft if it happens, for geographic reasons. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad