GDT: Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway? Devils @ Islanders, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Seves has been excellent this week notwithstanding. He's had a time-warp back to 2018 - but to be fair as others pointed out, he's had tons of help in that department.

Really, other than Kuokkannen - Zajac -Sharangovich and maybe Murray - and MB29 for the third period - there is little good to say about anyone.

Zacha had so many opportunities to get the puck out. Wood too. McLeod too. Hughes flying the zone and lobbing passes into space for noone. Lots of terrible Dplay, some not so great goaltending, even worse forward play.

I'm just moving on and ignoring this game - but yay! We get the Islanders who love to expose the weaknesses of patience in teams against our team who never saw a hope-and-pray-pass it didn't like for two more in a row. Sigh.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When we were good we used to love to play teams built like we are right now...Small soft and only a perception of skill...We used to feast on Pittsburgh even with Crosby and Malkin early on...We use eat Montreal for lunch with their smurf squad...The danglers had no chance against our structure and layers of defense. They eventually do something dumb trying to be creative and we'd put it in the back their net....

That is what you saw last night...That is us now.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Well they almost caught up to HH in Nashville!

It really is a case of when you plug one hole two more spring up though.
Lol! I don't know if Nashville's PK% can be blamed on Hynes but man - all of us Devils fans are going to have to give them a few "I told you so"s regarding that hire. Hynes is just not an NHL-caliber head coach. I think he'd make a decent player-friendly assistant who operates under a hardass like Torts.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
They are not playing with reckless abandon until they don't worry about making a mistake. Once you re down 4-0 the pressure is off and they can relax. They don't have the maturity and discipline to play against a team like the NYI. Plus the NJ system seems tailor made to be frustrated by the NYI style. If the refs would call at least some of the clutch and grab and holding it would open the game up and help NJ. I cannot imagine the NYI get special treatment. Maybe they are the only team in the East that has realized the refs aren't calling holds or interference anymore. Even BOS doesn't play like the Isles. It's weird.

Is it just me or do other vet teams get ticky-tack calls while barely borderline calls go against a young Devs team that doesn’t have that unspoken clout with refs yet?

Heck, even seems like the refs are more adamant when they make flakey calls against us.

Still laughing about how aggressive the ref was on the reviewed goal call last night. Like dude, it’s a goal, ok, take it easy. Are you a NYB fan or something?

Last edited:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Is it just me or do other vet teams get ticky-tack calls while barely borderline calls go against a young Devs team that doesn’t have that unspoken clout with refs yet?

Heck, even seems like the refs are more adamant when they make flakey calls against us.

Still laughing about how aggressive the ref was on the reviewed goal call last night. Like dude, it’s a goal, ok, take it easy. Are you a NYB fan or something?

I thought I watching PRO wrestling with his goal call after review. What a jerk.... lol

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
Just watched the high(low)lights of the game - oh man Severson had a tough one. Co-responsible for 3 goals against and a sweet touch on that own goal . Those days happen. he’s a good defender and has had a pretty strong season overall.

Any news on the kid that used to play for us then had this leg amputation and recent nose job?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
When we were good we used to love to play teams built like we are right now...Small soft and only a perception of skill...We used to feast on Pittsburgh even with Crosby and Malkin early on...We use eat Montreal for lunch with their smurf squad...The danglers had no chance against our structure and layers of defense. They eventually do something dumb trying to be creative and we'd put it in the back their net....

That is what you saw last night...That is us now.
There was a time we would beat Boston 9 out of 10 too...oh the memories !

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There was a time we would beat Boston 9 out of 10 too...oh the memories !

Really though...We pretty much beat up on everyone...I mean Marty probably played upwards of 80% of our games(maybe more?) throughout his career and there was only 1 team Martin Brodeur didn't have a winning record against.

Pretty incredible when you think about a 22 year career and only having a losing record to 1 NHL team.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seves has been excellent this week notwithstanding. He's had a time-warp back to 2018 - but to be fair as others pointed out, he's had tons of help in that department.

Really, other than Kuokkannen - Zajac -Sharangovich and maybe Murray - and MB29 for the third period - there is little good to say about anyone.

Zacha had so many opportunities to get the puck out. Wood too. McLeod too. Hughes flying the zone and lobbing passes into space for noone. Lots of terrible Dplay, some not so great goaltending, even worse forward play.

I'm just moving on and ignoring this game - but yay! We get the Islanders who love to expose the weaknesses of patience in teams against our team who never saw a hope-and-pray-pass it didn't like for two more in a row. Sigh.

On the plus side, the game is at night and not another Saturday afternoon matinee.

As long as it's not another fashion show.

Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad