Welcome to The Temple of the Phil: The official Phil Kessel Meme Repository.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
KdIJdKwXRDWKANUf9UpN_image.gif

The only thing I don't like about this GIF is that it seems Lundqvist makes the save on the hot dog.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

I can't stop watching! Too ****ing hilarious. :laugh:

Pierre: "How's your breath?"

Phil: "It's not good, eh"

Pierre: "No I meant in terms of conditioning!"

Phil (at end): "Thanks, what a....I can't believe that!"

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

Its a marvel that Pierre can effortlessly come off so creepy and awkward on a regular basis...

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Looks like the team is having fun with it ...

But, have his back, too ...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

As a socially awkward introvert myself I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a player quite as much as I'm enjoying Phil.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Phil Kessel seems to get big when the games get big. If not for him, we'd be golfing right now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So I have to be honest. I have always hated Toronto and its media. So i really ignored all Toronto games and how the media treated Kess. Thought it was all just made up garbage. Those interviews at the beginning were cringeworthy. **** Toronto.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Toronto media baits players from the Leafs. I have noticed over the years, if there is an issue, they will pick and pick and pick, then the guy blows up, and they paint him as a villain.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Toronto is a toxic environment to play.
Media and outside pressure is immense, no wonder they never gets close to winning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I knew the Kessel/Canadian (Toronto specifically) media situation was a ****show coming into this season, but I didn't know just how absurd it was.

I can't remember the specific game, but I remember watching a stream of some random game not involving the Pens in like November or December and Healy was doing his "between the benches" thing. Normal garbage coming out of his mouth, as usual, but somehow Kessel came up and Healy became incensed. Went on to lambaste Kessel for his time in Toronto, saying he was never able to carry the team, etc. Another announcer pointed out his point totals in relation to Sundin and Healy just lost his ****. :laugh: "Kessel?! Are you kidding me?! It blows my mind how anyone can seriously mention Kessel in the same breath as someone as great as Mats Sundin. Unbelievable..."

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I knew the Kessel/Canadian (Toronto specifically) media situation was a ****show coming into this season, but I didn't know just how absurd it was.

I can't remember the specific game, but I remember watching a stream of some random game not involving the Pens in like November or December and Healy was doing his "between the benches" thing. Normal garbage coming out of his mouth, as usual, but somehow Kessel came up and Healy became incensed. Went on to lambaste Kessel for his time in Toronto, saying he was never able to carry the team, etc. Another announcer pointed out his point totals in relation to Sundin and Healy just lost his ****. :laugh: "Kessel?! Are you kidding me?! It blows my mind how anyone can seriously mention Kessel in the same breath as someone as great as Mats Sundin. Unbelievable..."
Six months later, Kessel raised the Cup and Healy is unemployed.

Thank you, Hockey Gods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad