Welcome to the (Mark) Stone Age

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I admit I withheld my enthusiasm (despite the many Senators fans who predicted his success in Las Vegas). I was skeptical about his ability to play Knights speed hockey. I failed to see the value of locking up a young player who could transform and elevate his teammates on both sides of the ice. No longer.

I now believe in the Stone Age.

So, just go with the flow ... and witness both history and hockey greatness:

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
As said at the trade, just a solid player... pass, shoot, PP, PK, extreme hockey IQ, He's not fast, but his hockey brain is, and even if he doesn't score in 4 games, he's checking his ass off to prevent being scored on.

Everything you guys said about him was true. Now I shudder to think how the team would look if he wasn’t a Knight.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I definitely cheering for you guys and Stone after your GM had the balls (or intelligence ) to pay up for one of the leagues most underrated top players.

Without question you have my full support!

Huge reason i hope both the Jets and Flames burn to the ground this year is because of all the negative trash talk we had to endure listening to them tell us why they wouldn't move a B+ prospect for the best player in this years playoffs so far.

Both organizations fans can take a hike and i will gleefully enjoy watching them lose.

Go Vegas go!

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
I admit I withheld my enthusiasm (despite the many Senators fans who predicted his success in Las Vegas). I was skeptical about his ability to play Knights speed hockey. I failed to see the value of locking up a young player who could transform and elevate his teammates on both sides of the ice. No longer.

I now believe in the Stone Age.

So, just go with the flow ... and witness both history and hockey greatness:

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I am happy for Stone but to be honest it really hurts to watch him play for another team. Its like your hot girlfriend dumping you and then you see all happy with her super hunky new boyfriend loving life.

I would love to see him lift the cup!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am also on the Vegas Golden Knights bandwagon.

You guys carried me to playoff pool cash last season so I'm doubling up on you guys again this year.

I love the brand of hockey played in Vegas and having my favourite former Senator put in a position to succeed there is icing on the cake.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
This just in... McPhee knows what he's doing as GM. And nobody gets his full roster rolling on one sheet of music like Turk. Enjoy this period in time dudes, this franchise was born under a star and we have a nice window right now where this team might get 'er done.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Nice bump! I just read about how he is mentoring Krebs while the kid recovers from his injury. Stone also took in Tkachuk to ease his transition to the bigs. He is a team player on and off the ice. Probably will sport the C someday soon.

Reactions: derriko

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Glad Stone is playing well for you guys. It hurts to see such a great player traded, but I’m glad he went to Vegas since I like your team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Still pains me to this day that we gave him up.

but this shows all the haters how legit of a player he is, we said he was brilliant - everyone else? “oh but he plays Sens he sucks”...

well he’s racking it up playing for Vegas, doesn’t suck so much now does he.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I just read about how he is mentoring Krebs while the kid recovers from his injury. He is a team player on and off the ice. Probably will sport the C someday soon.

Did not know that, but it is awesome. Krebs seems to play a bit like Stone does too which bodes well for his future.

Just give Stone the damn C already. We all know its going to happen.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Did not know that, but it is awesome. Krebs seems to play a bit like Stone does too which bodes well for his future.

Just give Stone the damn C already. We all know its going to happen.
The team has 23 captains.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Still pains me to this day that we gave him up.

but this shows all the haters how legit of a player he is, we said he was brilliant - everyone else? “oh but he plays Sens he sucks”...

well he’s racking it up playing for Vegas, doesn’t suck so much now does he.
I always thought Stone was legit. The "oh but" arguments come from the expert analysts that only read the stat sheet and assume he runs up points because he is playing alone. If we watch him play, it's a thing of beauty, his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad