Post-Game Talk: Welcome to 1984

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
OV, known for "connector disconnected" floating back on the play not even taking one stride while the opponents score a crucial goal in the playoffs, in a series he lost. That's a vision that never goes away, nor was it one play. It was often painful to see how little care OV exhibited in coming back on the play.

The main time OV really gave all both ends of the ice was under Trotz, and its the only major success the team has had.

At the risk of generalizing, in recent decades some of the Russian stars haven't been all that great in all zone play. Russian players used to be pretty complete at that but if theres a criticism its their all zone play.

I think it's a little overstated. The two best two-way forwards of the last 30 years were Russian, after all.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Nice win by the Oilers, Rangers had an entire week off, had no chance to win this game imo against a hot and way more prepared Oilers team. The scheduling is so ridiculous early on this season, I guess the NHL is trying to wait out the MLB playoffs before they go full steam ahead with games. GG boys.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Nice win by the Oilers, Rangers had an entire week off, had no chance to win this game imo against a hot and way more prepared Oilers team. The scheduling is so ridiculous early on this season, I guess the NHL is trying to wait out the MLB playoffs before they go full steam ahead with games. GG boys.
Agreed. Week breaks aren’t good for teams they almost always come out flat.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
What a bunch of losers some Flames fans are.

Creating a parody account to act like an Oiler fan? That’s pathetic.

CalgaryPuck is a complete cesspool.
Todd from Leduc’s posts were so over the top ridiculous that it had to be a parody account. With that said, it’s f***ing hilarious and I’d welcome him here any day.

FRIG WOO BOYS!

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
He's been the worst relative to his position in the lineup. He has struggled being the nain guy when Sekera and Klefbom were out. Bug deploy Benning as Larsson was and he'd drown in a couple of games, and I don't really mind Benning tbh, good 3rd D even though I normally would prefer prospects in that place. Still though, Larsson has been way off these last seasons and needs to have a bit of a bounce back season. Too bad he got injured right away (even though that gave us the chance to see Bear). I hope when he gets back he can come in and find the joy of playing again and find a place in the new system. He is still a young man and Larsson if 14/15, 15/16 or 16/17 would be a great add for this team. The talk of trading him is imho not even remotely serious, Holland would never do that without even knowing what he has in him under the new coach (preseason is not a good tell and honestly I don't think he looked bad in his first game before getting injured).

Edit:
Lagesson Larsson could be an interesting pair next season if Larsson finds his game again. Lagesson is a bit underrated as puckmover and I think their games could very well complement eachother.
Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson
Lagesson Larsson
Benning
Very likely after about 20 games or so in the ahl they will find an opportunity to try out Lagesson for half a dozen games to see what he can do. There are a few reasons for this.
They liked most of what he brought in the preseason. He probably had specific stuff to work on in the A.
Nurse and Bear look like a pair. Both are improving. Bears smooth puck moving is helping cover Nurse's defensive weaknesses.
Nurse will get a major raise at seasons end very likely. So they probably wont or cant pay Klefbom and Larsson and Russel and Nurse--and why if rookie money can cover one of these positions?

Lets assume Bear continues to improve. Lets further assume that Nurse and Klefbom will be kept. Then its likely one of Russel or Larsson will be moved at the trade deadline--there are too many younguns pushing upwards.
Lagesson Jones and maybe Bouchard before the deadline may get serious consideration

The month before the deadline this year maybe the beginning of a small bloodbath as Holland decides his path both for forwards and defense. It will be the set up for the draft and Ufa season and maybe a significant trade as he will have some cap space to work with.

Whether its Larsson or Russel depends on their play and what Holland can get.
I too am rooting for Larsson to improve his play back to year 17....and for Lagesson to play constistently good enough to replace Russel. Time will tell

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Just saw a replay of that EN goal. Missed how awesome Trouba's full leg extension trip attempt on Drai was. He went so hard he tripped up Kakko who may have had a shot to catch Drai.

Was very impressive.

Reactions: ujju2

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Just saw a replay of that EN goal. Missed how awesome Trouba's full leg extension trip attempt on Drai was. He went so hard he tripped up Kakko who may have had a shot to catch Drai.

Was very impressive.
What would actually happen there if they called a penalty? Penalty shot on an empty net? Lol. Seriously. What would happen?

Reactions: ujju2

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
@Todd from Leduc
Epic Handshake 13102019181322.jpg

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Took you guys long enough to finally out titanoilerfan. I blocked him months ago, his posts were definitely not from an actual oiler fan, it's been way better reading the forums blocking losers like him.

Reactions: TB12

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
They both played on the same ice. What are you talking about? I hate that stupid excuse. Your team looks really impressive. Good luck the rest of the way, except when you play my team in the future, of course. You deserved the win yesterday for sure.
I'm saying it's inexcusable to have a game on that ice. The fact that it negatively affected the Rangers hopefully prevents it from happening again.

And they both may have played on the same ice but unlucky bounces are not evenly distributed. I'm thinking about the times you guys were unable to hold the blue line because the puck would bounce over the stick.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
He's been the worst relative to his position in the lineup. He has struggled being the nain guy when Sekera and Klefbom were out. Bug deploy Benning as Larsson was and he'd drown in a couple of games, and I don't really mind Benning tbh, good 3rd D even though I normally would prefer prospects in that place. Still though, Larsson has been way off these last seasons and needs to have a bit of a bounce back season. Too bad he got injured right away (even though that gave us the chance to see Bear). I hope when he gets back he can come in and find the joy of playing again and find a place in the new system. He is still a young man and Larsson if 14/15, 15/16 or 16/17 would be a great add for this team. The talk of trading him is imho not even remotely serious, Holland would never do that without even knowing what he has in him under the new coach (preseason is not a good tell and honestly I don't think he looked bad in his first game before getting injured).

Edit:
Lagesson Larsson could be an interesting pair next season if Larsson finds his game again. Lagesson is a bit underrated as puckmover and I think their games could very well complement eachother.
Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson
Lagesson Larsson
Benning
Great post. I agree with you on all points. Larsson is a great shutdown, punishing d when he is on the problem is he has not been that for the past 2 years. If he does not regain his form, when the expansion rolls around I would leave him unprotected. Hopefully by that time lagesson is ready to step into that role. I am also not saying Benning is better than Larsson but as you mentioned given their positions in the line up/salary, Benning has out performed Larsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->