Post-Game Talk: Welcome Back Kadri ❤ [6-3 Leafs vs Caps]

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
unless he waives it, which he might. you can't bank on that though. plus yeah Seattle won't exist while Marleau is under contract

Not sure waiving for expansion draft would technically be a thing would it? But either way they could just make it a trade and it’s the same deal, except Leafs still have to use that protection slot.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
When is the next game? :tmi: :wedgie:
Leafs are good, very, very good is my deep, thoughtful assessment.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The Leafs are prone to give up grade A scoring opportunities and Freddy saves the day.

Leafs are built to outscore their mistakes when Freddy isn't saving their bacon.

Agreed. Sounds like a super risky way to Lord Stanley.

Interesting.
I wonder if a legit top 4 D was available and the ask was 1 of:
1. Kadri
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen

who people would choose.
I would guess Kapanen would be the player most often not chosen.

Nylander. Should fetch a better right D.

Do you not think it is really weird that a Canadian team has not won the Cup since 1993? Yet we produce the lions share of league profits. When something smells this fishy there is probably a good reason for it.

Bettman has a single focus for the NHL. Grow the game to get the biggest American TV contracts possible. Canadian teams in the playoffs drive down American viewers and that is exactly the opposite of what Bettman wants.

Dubas has said he is not trading Kappy.
Every player is "NEVER" being traded .... until they are traded.

Never being traded means you'll have to give what I want for the guy on the no trade list.

When Dubas says he would never trade you ... that doubles the chances people have been calling about acquiring you.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Just saw a stat that we havent lost when carrying a lead into the third, only team in the league!

Pretty sure it's like 23-0-0. Nice to see that we are closing out the games well this year

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Just saw a stat that we havent lost when carrying a lead into the third, only team in the league!

Pretty sure it's like 23-0-0. Nice to see that we are closing out the games well this year
And we haven't come back in the third either.

Maybe hockey should be two periods ?
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad