Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Welcome Back Kadri and Nylander.

kadri.hat.trick.pucks.jpg

kadri.hat.trick.jpg

scoring.summary.jpg

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Guys what do you think about trading Gardiner for Orlov?
I think that Orlov + Zaitsev can be a solid pair and they will communicate much better in Russian.
Don't go too hard on me. Who will get ripped off in such a trade???

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Couple notes on the game:
1.) WOWOWOW Kadri, that’s the 30-goal scorer we know. Great hit in the second to turn the tide of the game and was a threat all night. His line needs to stay together, best line of the night easily
2.) Nylander with his best game of the year, drove the play all night and got 3 assists out of it. Played to the level we all know he’s capable of
3.) Matthews played great. He was dangling all night and finally got his goal, he drove that line incredibly well. Hopefully this is the start of a tear for him
4.) Dermott/Zaitsev was a better pairing tonight than Zaitsev/Gardiner is (although that Zaitsev giveaway at the end was holy moly terrible)
5.) Marleau needs to play on the 4thline….it sucks how he’s regressed but it is what it is. Having a guy like Moore with Matthews and marner could work, he brings a lot of energy and actually has some skill too. Could be a dominant line imo
6.) Ozhiganov makes very questionable pinches…..I counted like 3 times where he made a bad pinch and it led to a rush by Washington (one was an offside luckily though). He needs to reel it in a bit there
Overall a great game by the team, a full effort with our big names showing up. Great game before the break!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Kadri line had a great night and was prolly Nylander's best game so far.

We really turned the game around in the last 10 minutes of the second period. We started to play with pace and intensity and when we do, we're hard to handle.

Moore had another strong game and should be a staple in this lineup. His speed and pucktracking ability are evident everytime he's on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad