Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's going to be interesting is how Weise's line will react when opposing players give them pushback.

Current state of the game is that teams don't tolerate big hits, even if they are legal. There is so little in the way of big hits that when they happen, you automatically see an opposing team resort to fighting. I don't know enough about Thompson, but I don't remember that Weise could fight. This is where D'lo may have to step in.

Reactions: Fixxer

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
"Attitude" has become a meme on this board, but we're seeing concrete benefits of good attitude this season. Weise is glowing with it. That kind of positivity is a great culture to have in a locker and the right standard to be setting for our young guys.

Max Domi is a perfect example of how having the right attitude gets you places in life.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What's going to be interesting is how Weise's line will react when opposing players give them pushback.

Current state of the game is that teams don't tolerate big hits, even if they are legal. There is so little in the way of big hits that when they happen, you automatically see an opposing team resort to fighting. I don't know enough about Thompson, but I don't remember that Weise could fight. This is where D'lo may have to step in.

Weise will fight,might not win it,but fight he will.

Reactions: Fixxer and Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

As long as they dont hurt us when they are on the ice it will be a positive. Hopefully they can start with possession because of Thompsons ability to win draws, we were getting murdered with Chaput. I don't remember Weise as being overly physical and I know nothing of Thompson. I hope to see all three of them playing a fire up game tonight, we will need it.

Reactions: Runner77

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

The good thing is -- the player dropping the mitts against Weise, or any other of these players -- is likely to be more valuable, unless that 4th line is exclusively played against other teams' 4th line (which just never happens).

Reactions: Fixxer and Runner77

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Haven't watched the last couple of games (glimpses of it), I am not reading good comments about him. So he basically isn't even better than Agostino that we lost on waivers as a result of this trade?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Haven't watched the last couple of games (glimpses of it), I am not reading good comments about him. So he basically isn't even better than Agostino that we lost on waivers as a result of this trade?

Correct.

And yes, I was correct in predicting this.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I think we should try Peca instead of Deslauriers on that line, Thompson's got good speed but Weise isn't the fastest. Deslauriers is always behind the play and does almost nothing of value. Put Peca instead of Deslauriers and I think that's already a better 4th line.

Reactions: habdynasty

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Give him some time...what did you guys expected? Him to come back in and score a goal and produce like it’s 2016?

I’m sure he will be a good asset for us but we need to be patient.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He'll be back Trade Deadline day when rosters expand. You don't leave Byron on IR for a guy like Weise. Byron is a MUCH better player. You send Weise to the minors. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad