Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
As expected the man is thrilled
“It feels absolutely surreal,” Weise said when contacted by Sportsnet. “It’s just crazy. I don’t even know what to feel right now. The first time I got traded to Montreal it was a dream come true, and ever since I left I just haven’t felt like the same player. My emotion–it just hasn’t felt the same since I left. To come back now, it just feels so surreal. I’m so excited. This is where I’ve always wanted to be; the team, the fans, the ownership, the coaches, just everything, it’s everything I want to be a part of.”
Dale Weise thrilled to return to Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

Welcome back Dale!

This could be written verbatim by another fan favorite who was traded before he needed to be..

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Rumour is that just before they announce the starting lineup, Metropolit is gonna be lowered down from the jumbotron, start at centre and assist on Weise's 4 goals, to truly complete our legendary scrub line.

16 goals and 13 assists for 29 points in 69 games in 2009-10. Metro was an elite 4C and one of my all-time favourite Habs.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
16 goals and 13 assists for 29 points in 69 games in 2009-10. Metro was an elite 4C and one of my all-time favourite Habs.
Those numbers are crazy, but his performance was *even better*. Definitely feels like he scored more than 16, that guy was really the heart and soul of the team that season.

It seemed we used to always have at least one "elite" 4th liner each season:
- Metropolit
- Moore
- Halpern
- Weise

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I still can't believe hes back... maybe subban will come back ? :dunno:

You know what? I bet deep inside he wants back..

and when he left..Molson did say we may see you again some day..something to that effect...

So i think the door is open when he is UFA....i wouldn't bet against it ..

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Those numbers are crazy, but his performance was *even better*. Definitely feels like he scored more than 16, that guy was really the heart and soul of the team that season.

- Metropolit
- Moore
- Halpern
- Weise
To be sure, no great expectations. Maybe a good change of scenery, maybe a washout. Same what I'd expect from Lucic and Puljujarvi, for two problem cases. Not that the Habs have any need for them.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

- Metropolit
- Moore
- Halpern
- Weise

He was basically the original Weise. Played in all situations and could always be counted on.

This is my favourite goal of his. Best fist pump ever.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Julien should start the next home game by putting Weise out there and the 4th line.

The ovation Dutch Gretzky would get from the crowd when Michel Lacroix will announce the starting lineup would be an epic moment, no doubt in my mind! :laugh:

He will be so pumped that he will fly out there like crazy! :nod:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Weise got twins on the way(a girl and a boy)....due in April
His son Hunter ,never stopped being a Habs fan..he got a Carey Price shooter tutor in the garage ,he''s always the Montreal Canadiens when he plays video games..
Weise says he thinks he is faster now..and he's goona play the same way he did the first time.
Wife is extremely happy to be back in Montreal
Weise said what he missed most was being in a fishbowl hockey market(Montreal)

Good article to read CLICK HERE>Weise: 'I'm totally excited about the opportunity'

Last edited:

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
He was basically the original Weise. Played in all situations and could always be counted on.

This is my favourite goal of his. Best fist pump ever.

Yeah, when Moses Metropolit was on, he was a legitimate game breaker. I was hoping that they'd bring him back as a coach of some kind after he retired. I think he hung around in Europe for a while after he left.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah, when Moses Metropolit was on, he was a legitimate game breaker. I was hoping that they'd bring him back as a coach of some kind after he retired. I think he hung around in Europe for a while after he left.

Yeah, he went to Switzerland and was a PPG+ player there for a few years, represented Canada in 3 Spengler Cups, and even put up 41 pts in 43 games in Germany as a 40-year-old, and was still an effective player at both ends of the ice well into his 40's. Not sure why he couldn't stick around in the NHL after us, he wasn't a greedy player or anything.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Weise can still skate like before then the Habs have a great 4th line RW. I always appreciated his effort.

I remember his dad being a huge Habs fan which made it special for Dale to play here. I am glad he is back. He will get a huge ovation.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
You know what? I bet deep inside he wants back..

and when he left..Molson did say we may see you again some day..something to that effect...

So i think the door is open when he is UFA....i wouldn't bet against it ..

I'm almost certain, when subbans contract is up, he his only going to sign in one place. And this time, I think he'll take a discount if he has to, depending on our cap situation.

I think the idea of coming back to montreal, an absolute hero would be to much for him to resist. And sure as shit we dontd forget and we would welcome him, infact the roar from the building would probably be once in a lifetime, probably even more than koivus return.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Julien should start the next home game by putting Weise out there and the 4th line.

The ovation Dutch Gretzky would get from the crowd when Michel Lacroix will announce the starting lineup would be an epic moment, no doubt in my mind! :laugh:

He will be so pumped that he will fly out there like crazy! :nod:

If Weise can still skate like before then the Habs have a great 4th line RW. I always appreciated his effort.

I remember his dad being a huge Habs fan which made it special for Dale to play here. I am glad he is back. He will get a huge ovation.
I can't believe we're anticipating a tribute moment for Dale frikkin Weise. But y'know what, it'll be great! He was part of a good Habs team and will always be remembered for his role in that epic Boston series in 2014. It'll be a really cool moment when they announce his name and I agree he'll be pumped full of adrenaline.

(Let's hope he doesn't screw up...)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm almost certain, when subbans contract is up, he his only going to sign in one place. And this time, I think he'll take a discount if he has to, depending on our cap situation.

I think the idea of coming back to montreal, an absolute hero would be to much for him to resist. And sure as **** we dontd forget and we would welcome him, infact the roar from the building would probably be once in a lifetime, probably even more than koivus return.

time sure passes quickly...3 more seasons after this one ..he goes Ufa...

Subban 2023

Habs win cup 25 in 2025??lol

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone brought up that it might be ironic his first game is against Nashville and his good buddy Subban, who might be jealous of Weise and his hero welcome back to Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad