Weiss or kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Over on the Dallas board there has been a talk about a lack of respect for their prospects. Given that many are international and many were taken late , I believe many that are overlooked. An example to me is Stephen weiss , a fourth selection vs . Niko Kapanen. Weiss once considered a top 15 type blue chipper but even with a 3 yr diffrence in age I'd take Kapanen anyday.

Other Dallas prospects to watch for include Miettinen (should score 30-40 pts this year, Jokinin(should be a top 50 prospect)and Daley (who should assume major duties in Dallas next year.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Well one thing i do agree with is the lack of recognition for stars prospects. However i myself would take Weiss over Kapanen, i don't like Weiss but i think he just has more upside, Kapanen will be a very good 3rd liner, he may even become a 2nd liner (but his two way play will be better suited against other teams top lines)as I said i'm not a big Weiss fan but i still think he will become a better offensive centermen while still being good in his own zone. Also just wanted to add Weiss is 5 years younger than Niko not 3.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Weiss. I downright feel he's over-rated and won't be the first line franchise player some have and still label him. That being said, he's got more potential than Kapanen, especially in the goal scoring department. I'd take Weiss over him any day, and I can't stress enough how I don't like Weiss.

guylafleurfan

Sep 19, 2003
Visit site
I'm not that familiar with Kapanen, but I am with Stephen Weiss. I completely agree with the comment about him being over-rated. Not only is he over-rated, but he rarely plays to his potential because he's lazy. His last season in Plymouth was a joke. It was very obvious that he was merely going through motions. Maybe that's why the Panthers sent him down to San Antonio.

evildreams

when you watch an nhl contest, there are some guys that just look like they don't belong in an nhl game. ahl? ok, but not nhl. weiss is one of those guys to me. picking him over the likes of ruutu and chistov will make his being the 4th overall selection in his draft one of the worst moves in FLA history some day.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
evildreams said:
when you watch an nhl contest, there are some guys that just look like they don't belong in an nhl game. ahl? ok, but not nhl. weiss is one of those guys to me. picking him over the likes of ruutu and chistov will make his being the 4th overall selection in his draft one of the worst moves in FLA history some day.

Ya. I was scared to death that they would pick him over Spezza at #2, and there was talk about it at the time.

Never showed me he could dominate at any level, even simple junior hockey. I watched him in junior, he just didn't take over games, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->