Weirdest Game Glitch You Experienced

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Recently, Final Fantasy XV posted a patch that supposed to fix the avatars in the game from disappearing. Might not work with my external hard drive that went through a blackout. I was doing a sidequest, and 3 of my 4 characters (Gladio, Prompto, and Ignus, the three you don't regularly control) went invisible! I even had a floating Greatsword (FF term for a two-handed sword) whenever I had Gladio do a "technique." It's a long story.

Have you experienced a glitch in a game, whether intentional or by accident?

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Witcher 3.

Got stuck between 2 pillars under a bridge while swimming to a "?"

That same load save put me right back under the bridge stuck. I had to pick a random autosave and lost a lot of progress.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
My weird game glitches go WAY back. Playing Pacman as a kid, I got trapped between two ghosts - somehow I managed to pass behind/through one. Playing Pharaoh's Curse, once again as a kid, I got stuck between the Mummy and the Pharaoh, who both started to shoot at me. I ran up an invisible set of stairs, escaping them both. If I remember correctly, I believe those were both courtesy of the Atari 800.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Most of the glitches I remember were in WoW, and involved me ending up in Arathi surrounded by kodos somehow...

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
In GTA San Andreas a plane once fell out of the sky, hitting and killing me while I was walking down the street.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Most of the glitches I remember were in WoW, and involved me ending up in Arathi surrounded by kodos somehow...

Oh, man. Reminds me of one I had in the WoW beta. Me and another guy got ganked in Ashenvale when I was first leveling and our ghosts showed up in a different zone. The map said it was the Emerald Dream. There were no textures at all and obviously we couldn't get back to our corpses because it was a different area. There was also a giant waterfall that killed us when we jumped off of it (again, even though we were already ghosts). Had to ticket a GM to get out and he told us not to take any screenshots. Same shadow priest ganked us both again once we were alive and we ended up there again.

Was also a night when we were running Arathi Basin and after the match ended like a hundred chickens spawned and killed us while we couldn't move? I think there was a GM on the other team who was f***ing with us, I dunno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Commander Clueless

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Ahmp6WX.png

Enough said.

Section337

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Not weird, but my favourite glitch occurred in Everquest, where you could try to swim from West to East Karana and it would auto port you to the entrance of Qeynos Hills. Saved me so much time before I could just start my character running and then go do something else for awhile.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Far Cry 5.

Literally 50% of the game contains some funny ass glitches lol. Once my brother & I were driving, I randomly get thrown out of the truck while the truck starts to spin in midair and just keeps going upward. I guess he hit an invisible wall because he kept going up and it exploded in midair with him inside. He literally couldnt get out of the truck.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
My most recent one was with NHL 18. For some reason the Buffalo Sabres will allow you to buy out your entire team, at which point the game then transfers every single draft pick to the Anaheim Ducks. The game then crashes, because the Ducks can’t make 200+ picks

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Oh, man. Reminds me of one I had in the WoW beta. Me and another guy got ganked in Ashenvale when I was first leveling and our ghosts showed up in a different zone. The map said it was the Emerald Dream. There were no textures at all and obviously we couldn't get back to our corpses because it was a different area. There was also a giant waterfall that killed us when we jumped off of it (again, even though we were already ghosts). Had to ticket a GM to get out and he told us not to take any screenshots. Same shadow priest ganked us both again once we were alive and we ended up there again.

Was also a night when we were running Arathi Basin and after the match ended like a hundred chickens spawned and killed us while we couldn't move? I think there was a GM on the other team who was ****ing with us, I dunno.

:laugh:

WoW had some great ones.

The mods were always great. Especially when you logged in to find yourself trapped in some glitched part of the map with your hearthstone sitting in your bank.

I always regretted giving my buddy my login, but I had his too so....

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
In Risen 1 I somehow got teleported to the level where the developers teleported offstaged characters. Still have absolutely no idea how that happened.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I once got stuck in a counter loop - defend loop in FFT and I don't know how its possible. I attacked another character, they defended and went to counter attack. That right there should have been the end of it. Instead, my player defends with their shield and some how initiates counterattack. Then, the enemy defended and re-countered. I figured that based on how the mechanics of the game operate and the math behind it, eventually the hits should connect and one of them would die. Nope.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm a little disappointed that I never saw any flying mammoths in Skyim.

BTW, on that subject, people knock Bethesda, but I think that bugs and glitches are more a feature of open world RPGs, in general, since it's next to impossible to test everything that could occur.

Was also a night when we were running Arathi Basin and after the match ended like a hundred chickens spawned and killed us while we couldn't move? I think there was a GM on the other team who was ****ing with us, I dunno.

I have a vague recollection of hearing stories about that very thing (killed by chickens while immobile) happening to guild mates, and the suspicion was that a GM was having fun with the players. Maybe it was the same GM (I, too, was in the beta, but this was in the first 6 months after release) or maybe Blizzard even encouraged GMs to have a little fun in order to create unbelievable stories for players to share.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I love some of the old Pokemon glitches. Glitch City in Pokemon Yellow fascinated me. Another one was the "tweaking"/void glitch in Diamond/Pearl.

The best ones come naturally though, not when you know they exist. Sadly I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I know I hit some cool ones back in the day. I'll update this post or reply if I think of them.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I once got stuck in a counter loop - defend loop in FFT and I don't know how its possible. I attacked another character, they defended and went to counter attack. That right there should have been the end of it. Instead, my player defends with their shield and some how initiates counterattack. Then, the enemy defended and re-countered. I figured that based on how the mechanics of the game operate and the math behind it, eventually the hits should connect and one of them would die. Nope.
My example is similar, but not as much of a glitch asan oversight, likely. The first time I discovered the reflect loops in FFVII I was about 10 years old and had played for a couple hours without saving the game. I freaked tf out. I remember literally crying because of that... lol

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
BTW, on that subject, people knock Bethesda, but I think that bugs and glitches are more a feature of open world RPGs, in general, since it's next to impossible to test everything that could occur.

Granted, Bethesda's style of games are more bug prone, but they aren't immune to criticism - especially when their re-releases of the game feature many of the same known major problems 6 years later.

Fortunately, they make games good enough that you can get over the glitches pretty easily. :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Weak.

BotW has next to zero glitches. Witcher 3 had some at release but nothing to the level if Skyrim.

People make far too many excuses for Bethesda and my theory is that it is because they like the games despite being well aware of how janky and shallow they are.

No one was saying "well this just means there are so many possibilities!!" when New Vegas was a buggy mess on release, in fact people tend to say bugs were one of the main reasons as to why they didn't like it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->