Weirdest Ballpark Fare You Had

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I was born in Memphis. I didn't get into Mid-South BBQ until the turn of the Millenium at least. Earlier this month, my dad and I attended the Saturday & Sunday games of the Diamondbacks-Reds game at Great American Ball Park. Chase Field really doesn't have any barbecue stands, but I found a Montgomery Inn stand, a Cincy favorite, down the rightfield foul pole. I ordered the Smokehouse Bowl. I think pictures do the dish better than words:

DlVaHDKVAAAVHqG.jpg

I did not finish the dish, but I did like it.

Is there a meal or dish that would top this? (Nothing at Chase Field that I had would top this bowl.)

(Yes, I have heard of the Gridiron Burger at University of Phoenix Stadium, but let's keep this thread to baseball parks for the moment, unless overruled by the mods.)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Toronto's ballpark offerings are rather pedestrian....not much to offer outside of overpriced footlongs and even pricier beer.

I think on the main concourse you can find a few burgers or poutine, but nothing special. :dunno:

I wish they had the "all you can eat" sections like I saw in Pittsburgh.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Pork dumplings from Intentional Wok, Awful Waffle (Waffle House) waffles and hash browns, "street" tacos at Taco Factory, brisket from Fox Bros BBQ at SunTrust Park other than the standard ballpark food. There's other good non-standard offerings too.

Split a burgerizza the last year at Turner Field, just to do it. It wasn't as bad or greasy as we thought it would be but we couldn't even finish it between 4 people.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Baltimore has something called “Chesapeake Fries” yesterday, which I thought would be fries with old bag seasoning, but were fries loaded with an absurd level of crab dip.

Yankee Stadium has a hamburger with glazed donuts for buns when it first opened. I found it embarrassingly good and tried to recreate it at home on multiple occasions

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Baltimore has something called “Chesapeake Fries” yesterday, which I thought would be fries with old bag seasoning, but were fries loaded with an absurd level of crab dip.

Yankee Stadium has a hamburger with glazed donuts for buns when it first opened. I found it embarrassingly good and tried to recreate it at home on multiple occasions

The crab dip fries I would try but it was heaped on in insane amounts then it would likely be bad.

The donut burger sounds disgusting to me but I’m not really a huge donut fan in general and I have a pretty steadfast rule of not mixing sweets with meats.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I was born in Memphis. I didn't get into Mid-South BBQ until the turn of the Millenium at least. Earlier this month, my dad and I attended the Saturday & Sunday games of the Diamondbacks-Reds game at Great American Ball Park. Chase Field really doesn't have any barbecue stands, but I found a Montgomery Inn stand, a Cincy favorite, down the rightfield foul pole. I ordered the Smokehouse Bowl. I think pictures do the dish better than words:

DlVaHDKVAAAVHqG.jpg

(Nothing at Chase Field that I had would top this bowl.)

Not even the sweet, sweet Churro Dog?

Diamondbacks' Churro Dog is just as insane as it sounds

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
At an MLB park, my wife partook of the sushi at Safeco (specifically the Ichiroll) and said it was pretty good. I also had a creampuff there from a Japanese chain (Beard Papa's) that was also pretty darned good. At MiLB parks, I had the Moose Tacos at Burlington Athletic Park in Burlington, NC - not really made of moose, but an homage to Mike Moustakas. We went up to Norfolk this past weekend to check out Harbor Park (alas the Bulls lost to the Tides 4-3 in extra innings) and they had a version of butter beer called Dogsmeade on draft made by Wasserhund, a local brewery. It wasn't what I had asked for but it was pretty darned good.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I eat all the time when I go to Sox games, but it's usually between a polish sausage and a hot dog. I've gotten the Cuban Sandwich before. That's probably the most out of place thing. Or the churros.

In Minnesota, I got a whitefish sandwich. In Milwaukee, I had the brat and cheese curds.

Most of the time, I usually just get beer. Will have a Dodger dog though when I'm in LA next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad