Weird Technical issue while watching CBJ games

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I don't know if this gets discussed anywhere else, so feel free to re-locate if it is.

I've been having an issue while watching the CBJ on Bally's for a couple of months now. The video seems jumpy. Bouncy. Non-fluid. Almost like the video is skipping frames. Like buffering, but not as severe. It's especially noticeable when the camera is panning from side to side. Instead of looking like a fluid motion, it looks like it's going start stop start stop start stop start stop. You can see it when the puck if moving as well. It doesn't look like it's moving, so much as jumping.

And the weird thing is, it doesn't happen during the commercials. The commercials are flawless. Which seems to indicate that it's an issue with the broadcast itself. Well, here's the thing: I watch the games on a Roku Express, on DirecTV Stream. If I look up the same service and the same channel on a mobile device or on my laptop, the game looks perfect. If it was an issue with the broadcast itself, that wouldn't happen.

Is anyone else having an issue like this? Because I can't figure out where the malfunction is.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Happens to me as well. I watch on the Bally Sports Plus ap. I just chalk it up to Bally Sports minor league production on site and the shitty ap.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Happens to me as well. I watch on the Bally Sports Plus ap. I just chalk it up to Bally Sports minor league production on site and the shitty ap.
I've never used the app. I just have that problem on Roku on DirecTV Stream. Still doesn't understand why the commercials are perfect around the game.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I use Directv Stream on Apple TV and I've never had such an issue. Assuming your internet bandwidth is big enough it sounds like maybe an issue with the Roku and the feed they receive on their end if the commercials stream fine.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've had that panning-stuttering problem before, low framerate? Does it give you a headache too? For me it's not on Bally's. I'm watching online streams, but I also have the issue sometimes watching highlights on the NHL site. The problem might be upstream of Bally's, or downstream on your end, I'm not sure.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I've had that panning-stuttering problem before, low framerate? Does it give you a headache too? For me it's not on Bally's. I'm watching online streams, but I also have the issue sometimes watching highlights on the NHL site. The problem might be upstream of Bally's, or downstream on your end, I'm not sure.
I ONLY have the problem on Roku, DirecTV Stream, Bally's. That combination only. And I have two Roku's, and it happens on both of them.

Watching on laptop? Good. I honestly can't think if I've tried this on my phone yet, because I've never really had a reason to watch a hockey game on my phone when I'm at home to begin with.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
It’s doing it to me again tonight. Commercials are fine, game feed juddering……. I hate Bally with a white hot passion

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Also, you can use your DiecTV login on the Bally Sports Roku app and the picture is smooth there.
We have Cox cable and when we have to use the app we use the Cox sign in and it runs great, for the Jackets and the Indians. We use the app for baseball because the Ballys on cable always gets back to the game after all the commercials play through, and we will miss the first couple of pitches. The app on Roku doesn't do that.

Also the app runs good on my phone using the Cox sign in. I just used it Saturday night as we watched the Vancouver game until the traffic cleared out of the arena garage, and it ran flawless.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad