Weird Jersey Question

Nakon14

Apr 6, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey, so this is a bit random and nit picky, but this has kinda been bothering me a bit.

So I got an authentic Crosby jersey during the half off sale at the arena, and its awesome, but there's one thing that's bothering me.The logo on the chest is placed significantly lower compared to my other jerseys/other jerseys I've seen. It aesthetically not the most pleasing and makes the jersey look like a chinese fake, even though its one from the arena.

Is there anywhere I could take the jersey to have the logo fixed? I've heard House O Hockey in Monroeville does stitching stuff, but would they do something like a total crest removal/replacement?

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd even call down the arena to save yourself a possible trip unless you're going to the game tonight. Tell them about it and if you have the reciept they sould listen. Otherwise the house of hockey is an excellent idea to do something if the Pens Store won't. Good luck.

Nakon14

Apr 6, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
That's not a horrible idea actually, I will be at the game tonight so I'll see what happens. You think they'd be picky if it didn't have the tags anymore (and I'm pretty sure I threw them out awhile ago, I didn't notice this until afterwards)

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Main thing would be if you had the reciept or at least if you paid with a credit card that should work. But ya I'd definitely stop in and be like 'what in the world?!' Tags shouldnt matter, they can put that on if they needed too.

Nakon14

Apr 6, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Is it one of those that they used to sell with the stitching "drawn" on?

Nope, its an authentic, so everything is stitched on. Thanks for the credit card tip serial, my roommate just did a quick check for the receipt and couldn't immediately find it so I'll probably have to go that route. This is all just a bit annoying since I paid the money (granted, half off) for an authentic and to have it look like this.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Nope, its an authentic, so everything is stitched on. Thanks for the credit card tip serial, my roommate just did a quick check for the receipt and couldn't immediately find it so I'll probably have to go that route. This is all just a bit annoying since I paid the money (granted, half off) for an authentic and to have it look like this.

Cool, I hate seeing those sold as "official replicas". They look worse than the knockoffs at 2-3x the cost :(

Neeeeaaaal

Waffles Are Good
Mar 13, 2007
Dormont, PA
Hey, so this is a bit random and nit picky, but this has kinda been bothering me a bit.

So I got an authentic Crosby jersey during the half off sale at the arena, and its awesome, but there's one thing that's bothering me.The logo on the chest is placed significantly lower compared to my other jerseys/other jerseys I've seen. It aesthetically not the most pleasing and makes the jersey look like a chinese fake, even though its one from the arena.

Is there anywhere I could take the jersey to have the logo fixed? I've heard House O Hockey in Monroeville does stitching stuff, but would they do something like a total crest removal/replacement?

As of my last check, House O Hockey is no longer in Monroeville. They still have the store in Aspinwall on Freeport Road, but the Monroeville location has moved to Murrysville. I haven't been there, but my friend told me it's somewhere near the Deck Hockey rink there.

Nakon14

Apr 6, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
So, I was actually able to make it over to Pensgear during lunch, and they were really accommodating in letting me check out/compare to other jerseys, and were willing to do the exchange even without the receipt. Unfortunately, they only had one other size 46, and, oddly enough; it had the same issue.

Here's a picture of what the difference is, on the left is a small Premier jersey and the right is the authentic. I tried to line it up with the bottom of the neck as well as I could.
http://imgur.com/1BDOqKj.jpg

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Wow... yeah, that is strange. Maybe they will get more in and hook you up? What did they say when you pointed out the differences? Those aren't even subtle, they are pretty significant.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey everyone, I barely leave my board, but I enjoy jerseys, trading, collecting... What you have there is an Indo Edge. It is authentic, but they aren't Canadian-made anymore. They started this in the 2012 season; the green collar lining signifies that.See if you can search for an Edge made in Canada. Differences like this are noticed, as the Indo Edges are further from the real thing than the CDN Edges were.
I hope you resolve this issue and find a Canadian made Edge jersey.

Edit: Note that the 100% REAL authentic jerseys are only worn by the players.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hey everyone, I barely leave my board, but I enjoy jerseys, trading, collecting... What you have there is an Indo Edge. It is authentic, but they aren't Canadian-made anymore. They started this in the 2012 season; the green collar lining signifies that.See if you can search for an Edge made in Canada. Differences like this are noticed, as the Indo Edges are further from the real thing than the CDN Edges were.
I hope you resolve this issue and find a Canadian made Edge jersey.

Edit: Note that the 100% REAL authentic jerseys are only worn by the players.

So those garbage Indo-Edges are still being made??? Interesting.

Icejerseys appear to have "Made In Canada" authentics again. I wonder if they are good as how the Canadian made authentics used to be???

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Pittsburgh-Penguins-12773/Pittsburgh-Penguins-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-in-Canada)-p14966/?pstart=1

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
So those garbage Indo-Edges are still being made??? Interesting.

Icejerseys appear to have "Made In Canada" authentics again. I wonder if they are good as how the Canadian made authentics used to be???

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Pittsburgh-Penguins-12773/Pittsburgh-Penguins-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-in-Canada)-p14966/?pstart=1

They should be... as far as I know (First Niagara Center has a ton of CDN Mades) They're being sold more again due to the discomfort with the Indo-Edges.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Figured I would just use this thread instead of making a new topic.... was talking jerseys with my buddy and it made me remember this nightmare. Does anyone else remember these and were they ever officially worn?

Attachments

• pj.JPG
    pj.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 67

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Figured I would just use this thread instead of making a new topic.... was talking jerseys with my buddy and it made me remember this nightmare. Does anyone else remember these and were they ever officially worn?

They were fan jerseys that were never actually worn by the team, thankfully.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad