Weight will be swimming in Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
The New York Islanders are sad to announce that they have traded one of their best centre in Doug Weight to Edmonton Oilers in return for Oleg Kvasha, Correy Perry and 3rd round pick in 2006.

When asked, why he would make such a trade especially when Islanders are so close to being a contention, the GM indicated that the trade was one the most difficult decision he had to make but had no choice due to Cap and needed some room in cap to sign Marleau and Cole.

In other news, the Islanders has also shipped Nathan Demsey to Toronto in return for Toronto 2nd rd pick in 2007. We feel that Demsey will be better suited to play under Quin who he had always admired while being under Leafs farm system and will get much needed ice time under Leafs organization.

We wish both these players a best of luck...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
islanders said:
...needed some room in cap to sign Marleau and Cole.

Our best wishes to Erik for a speedy recovery from his spinal injury - we hope there's no lasting damage.

islanders said:
We feel that Demsey will be better suited to play under Quin who he had always admired while being under Leafs farm system and will get much needed ice time under Leafs organization.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, no doubt... :sarcasm:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
islanders said:
In other news, the Islanders has also shipped Nathan Demsey to Toronto in return for Toronto 2nd rd pick in 2007.

Well, I stand corrected. :cry: :handclap: My apologies all around to those concerned - and d*mn you Abbas for making me wrong (again).... :sarcasm: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad