Boston Sports Journal Weighing the cost, challenges for Bruins in a potential Jack Eichel blockbuster trade

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Like Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci are retiring tomorrow. Then Bruins become futile and Eichel is still crying. Actually I don't know if he is crying now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I get that, but at some point if Eichel asks for a trade his value in a trade goes down some, other teams know the Sabres are up against a wall and if he only wanted Boston then his trade value is really lowered. I am not saying any of that would happen, but if it did there is no way he would get back what Haggs was suggesting.

As of right now he has no say in where he gets traded if he's traded. Even if he demands a trade now, every team is calling for a price and it only takes 2 in order to have a bidding more.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
As of right now he has no say in where he gets traded if he's traded. Even if he demands a trade now, every team is calling for a price and it only takes 2 in order to have a bidding more.
He could refuse to go someplace though, we have seen that happen a few times and deals then get nixed, like Kadri did recently.

Reactions: Strafer

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Man I'd sure like to cash a $7.5 million signing bonus this summer!

But for Eichel my opinion is that you give up whatever you have to with the exception of Pastrnak and McAvoy. Then you fix what you have to after.

After the O'Reilly fiasco (cost Bruins a Cup IMO) I
can't see Buffalo trading Eichel for anything
not involving a proven elite player such as
Pastrnak.

BruinsNetwork

The Buffalo Sabres didn’t fire their GM and majority of personnel to trade their 23-year-old star player the following season.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Because to land Eichel you're either trading a player of equal value or you're trading a good chunk of your roster. The last big one for one that I recall was Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen
Those trades don’t happen. Jones for Johansen was a rare case when both teams had a need and both players were available. Would probably have to go to Hossa/Heatley to find one similar to Pasta/Eichel. Teams also never trade good chunks off their roster for one player. If Eichel is traded history says it will be for a package of picks, prospects and probably one roster player.

Reactions: bbfan419

member 96824

The Buffalo Sabres didn’t fire their GM and majority of personnel to trade their 23-year-old star player the following season.

They accidentally fired someone and had to rehire them..let’s not pretend there is any logic behind their actions haha

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
A move like David Krejci, Jake DeBrusk, John Moore and Oskar Steen for Jack Eichel

you forgot..... “would make the hockey world laugh” at the end of that sentence.

Feel like it Would take more like McAvoy, Debrusk, Studnicka, a #1 to even start that conversation.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The only deal to be made would be:

Mcavoy for Eichel

Bruins would have a superstar centre for the next decade. How many years does Bergeron have? The future down the middle would be incredible.

Eichel
Studnicka
Coyle

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The only deal to be made would be:

Mcavoy for Eichel

Bruins would have a superstar centre for the next decade. How many years does Bergeron have? The future down the middle would be incredible.

Eichel
Studnicka
Coyle
I would absolutely hate to see McAvoy go, but for Eichel I may do it, if we could then trade Krejci for some help on D after losing McAvoy

Reactions: kdog82

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
This is even worse than the original proposal.

not for Buffalo it isn’t. That’s the point.

The original proposal was laughable and Buffalo wouldn’t even counter. To be clear, I wouldn’t do the proposal I threw out there from Bruins perspective, but Buff ain’t talking if the return is krejci and debrusk.

Charlie or Pasta is when they’d start to listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad