GDT: Weekend: Crackchester @ Bingo|Saturday, Dec 22nd, 2012|7:05 pm w/ stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
nooooo, i forgot there was a game tonight. need....restream......

nooo_display.jpg

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Why not jump to a more interesting conclusion?

For example:

Zibanejad still missing? Seems like... he's secretly a Swedish superhero and has been preparing the past month in order to save the Earth yesterday, Dec 21, 2012, by firing a well-placed Swedish meatball at a giant asteroid to alter its trajectory and avert a potential world-ending collision. He decided to take today off to relax with Dikembe Mutombo, Random Turkey, and Science the Bear on the slopes of Mount Doom.

That's more fun, isn't it?

Anyone else want to give it a try? Template below:

"Zibanejad still missing? Seems like... [insert your own adventure here]"
I think he's Santa Claus and needs to prepare for giving gifts to children around the world.

He was "out" last year too in the SEL around this time of the month.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Why not jump to a more interesting conclusion?

Anyone else want to give it a try? Template below:

"Zibanejad still missing? Seems like... [insert your own adventure here]"

"Zibanejad still missing? Seems like... he is secretly Santa Claus and had to do some last minute crafting of all the new toys for children all around the world. He will be back shortly after new years after a nice long party with Mrs.Claus :naughty:"

Edit: DAMN IT AP

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
i fully agree with you. All of your points are valid except one

Basically what the OP is stating is that if Bishop walks at the end of the year because he has the option too. ANDDDDD there are an enormous amount of teams that would pay a big price for him on the open market - that 2nd rounder becomes a waste.

I don't think it was a huge waste but it is pretty crappy that we cant get ful value of a 2nd rounder.

But worst things have happened. Ppl overpay a great deal to load up for playoffs, all we did was give up a 2nd rounder for a goalie.

GMs can't manage their teams expecting a lockout. If there wasn't yet another freaking lockout, everything would be set perfectly and Bishop would be raising his value in the NHL while Lehner continues his development in the AHL.

Something people quickly forget is that Lehner is ONLY 21 y/o... Look at the age Europeans goalie start to play regularly in the NHL (Hasek, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask, Kiprusoff, Backstrom, Markstrom...)

Is Robin Lehner supposed to be better than all of them? Oh ya, hopefully he doesn't become "just" a Lundqvist. I mean the guy is soft mentally, etc. :laugh:

And this :

He's still an RFA at the end of the contract.

not sure about that. silfverberg, prince, lehner?
yeah i DO really care about a 2nd round pick. (not agreeing or disagreeing with bishop value)

I mean... how many of those golden prospects can we afford to have? Would you litterally sacrifice Alfie to have 53 additional prospects? There's only 20 spots on a team, not all our prospects will make it and some will have to be traded to have a chance to play in the NHL. That's how ridiculous our depht will be

Sometimes you have to spend your money... Acquiring a FULLY developped goalie (they take time and $$$ to develop) for a 2nd round pick is GREAT VALUE. You are JUMPING 4-5 years of development. That's worth a lot in the real world. I don't understand how can people don't see that.

Bishop was just 25 y/o and has dominated the AHL for a while. And what are the chances the 2nd becomes better than Bishop? We did very well with our 2nds lately but a 2nd is a 2nd... it only has incommensurable value on HF... Sometimes, Dominic Moore is what you can get at the deadline for a 2nd...

A lot of softies let in by Bishop.

Just checked the highlights and really you guys expectations are way out of bounds. He couldn't do much on the first 3 goals (Hoffman even scored on him as he was going to freeze the puck), the 4th was a really good shot and the 5th he got fooled by a rebound shot/pass.

Do you guys realize you are whining about a goalie that is 6-2-1 with a 928% SV???

lulz

Not many are against it, just 2 confused people and that's it.

Well, this... It's funny there's always a few people that are going against the grain, trying desperatly to be "controversial".

/Bishop's discussion

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Highlights

That Silfverberg goal... you know what really impresses me? Look where he was when he scored it? Right in front of the crease, battling for it.

For a kid who is "getting to know North American ice", I love seeing that. Skill to snipe + mentality to get dirty = effective scorer.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He's always been ahead of those two on the prospect chart.

Not in my mind, but you very well could be right about how management felt. I definitely had both of those guys ahead of DaCosta in the not to distant past, but then again Im not a scout so I can admit that was likely the armchair GM in me looking at stats and junior accomplishments. Its a different game from junior to pro.

I always take guys with an impressive college resume with a grain of salt, not really expecting anything beyond a depth player who can fill in when the going gets rough (a la Bobby Buttler). I can see DaCosta being the real deal, and sticking in NHL in a meaningful role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad