NFL GDT: Week TWO: Are your ready for some more Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Zero logic at all to giving your opponent an extra possession when you have a 3 TD lead. None. The thought process of people being paid millions of dollars to know basic strategy will forever amaze me.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Zero logic at all to giving your opponent an extra possession when you have a 3 TD lead. None. The thought process of people being paid millions of dollars to know basic strategy will forever amaze me.
They didnt give them it they were trying to get more points. No need to sit on a lead so early. That's how the Panthers constantly let teams comeback when they shouldn't.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
They didnt give them it they were trying to get more points. No need to sit on a lead so early.

The Ravens don't have a good offence and the Bengals have a solid enough defensive unit.

They aren't playing the Saints. It's best to just run the clock out.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The Ravens don't have a good offence and the Bengals have a solid enough defensive unit.

They aren't playing the Saints. It's best to just run the clock out.
In the 2nd quarter? How do you think Pats win consistently they dont take their foot off the gas til the 4th and try to pile on as much as possible.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Dalton has weapons. If their O-Line can be good, they will be tough

The Bungles are about a carbon copy of the 1990's Detroit Lions that managed to sneak into the playoffs every other year.

They may get there again and possibly even win a game this time. But believe me...they aren't going anywhere

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Know your opponent , and know the situation. There's a minute left on the clock and your defence has been dominating , you force them to burn at least one timeout.

A 21 point lead is a perfectly good time to run the ball on 1st down with a minute left in the half.

The aim of that possession should've been to force them to burn a couple timeouts ---worst case scenario.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They didnt give them it they were trying to get more points. No need to sit on a lead so early. That's how the Panthers constantly let teams comeback when they shouldn't.

They were receiving the second half kickoff. That changes everything. If the Ravens were receiving the kick, then yes you treat it like a normal drive and try to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad