Pre-Game Talk: Week to Crawl Across the Finish Line (@LA, @ SJ, STL)

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Am I reading this correctly??

People are debating whether Bednar is a good coach or Not?? Wtf is wrong with this place?

How many of you would have thought we would be in this position 10 months ago? Give your heads a shake .
I haven’t read the debate, but I think it is a very valid debate to be had. Last year Bednar led the team to one of the worst seasons in NHL history. This year, he is leading them to hopefully a playoff berth, but average in most statistical categories.

Do you credit the coach for the improvement or hold last year and an average year this year against him? It’s definitely a valid debate in my opinion. Personally, I’m in a wait-and-see mode.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It is a valid debate, of course it is, I just get my hackles up when people spout stuff off like "He likes to grind it up old-school" like he's some Hitchcock Jr. No, he doesn't, and it's exactly because he's very much a different coach than guys like Hitch that I like him. He's got his flaws to be sure, and one successful season after one disastrous season does not automatically make him the right guy for the job going forward, but it has IMO earned him the benefit of the doubt. If things go south next year I may be frothing at the mouth demanding he be fired. We'll see I guess.

To be fair, and this might not be the case I believe I was pretty reluctant for Sacco to be fired until things went completely off the rails in 2013. Not because I thought he was some great coach, but I just didn't think he was ever given a legit shot. I was much more critical of Roy down the stretch.

Reactions: MarkT

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Tomorrow Mackinnon decides if he wants the hart or not. If he wins the game tomorrow, I think the Hart is his. His 9 game goaless streak would be forgotten.

He knows this, Bednar knows this, Blues know this. I am hoping he uses his speed to get a powerplay early on, scores one like vintage earlier this season Mackinnon on the PP to get him going and then just takes care of business.

My biggest fear though is they start Hutton against the Avs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We've been hoping Mack and Mikko magically wake up for 9 games? I don't know how anyone has any real hope it's going to happen. Someone would need to actually have answers as to why, and f***ing drive home what they need to correct.

If we win Saturday, it will be on the back of some combination of goaltending, secondary scoring, and/or the power play.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tomorrow Mackinnon decides if he wants the hart or not. If he wins the game tomorrow, I think the Hart is his. His 9 game goaless streak would be forgotten.

He knows this, Bednar knows this, Blues know this. I am hoping he uses his speed to get a powerplay early on, scores one like vintage earlier this season Mackinnon on the PP to get him going and then just takes care of business.

My biggest fear though is they start Hutton against the Avs.
I'd argue that over the last month, Taylor Hall has overtaken MacKinnon as the Hart favourite and rightfully so.

Reactions: Foppberg

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Carter Hutton playing tonight vs Hawks, so that probably means we are getting Jake Allen? After that Chicago game where Allen played very bad game, he is so going to get a 60 save shutout against us... But let's hope he keeps playing like crap!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Carter Hutton playing tonight vs Hawks, so that probably means we are getting Jake Allen? After that Chicago game where Allen played very bad game, he is so going to get a 60 save shutout against us... But let's hope he keeps playing like crap!

Allen is heading directly to Denver to be ready for the game, so yeah Allen.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Have a hard time believing a GDT isn't up already...but anyways. This is gut check time for the Captain, MacKinnon and Rantanen. It is for the rest of the team as well, but in all honesty, the rest of the team has been better lately...the top line...not so much. If they want to lead this team in the future, tonight will go a long way in showing that desire. If they come out flat, passing every-which way but the stick of the player they are trying to hook up we are doomed. If the they continue to refuse to drive the net and shoot...yes, we are still doomed. The top line needs to be focused. As coach Sacco said...they need to show up on time and be ready for the game. It's not like they haven't heard this before. This game is there for the taking...it's up to them to show how hungry they are for it. No matter the outcome, the season is a success...but seriously, if they lay an egg, I think a shakeup is required. If these guys can't get up for this game, I will have to question both their heart and motors.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are Steven Bradbury, who won Olympic gold in 2002.

ZDgXmVu.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad