Pre-Game Talk: Week to Crawl Across the Finish Line (@LA, @ SJ, STL)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It's still in our hands but it's going to be very difficult. Our best hope if we lose to LA tomorrow will be SJ clinching and resting players then finding a win against St. Louis, while getting some help in the process. If Mack doesn't wake up its going to be pretty unlikely though.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Basically the race for that last spot is between the Avs and the Blues.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Feeling three losses this week. One of them in overtime, the other two in regulation. Not feeling good at all about tomorrow night.

Can't remember the last time you actually had a good feeling, but maybe that's just not your jam.

I think we need 4 points to crawl in. I can't see that atm but the Avs suprised us all season long and it's not over till BLA BLA BLA. There is still hope left but our Top-Line needs to show up for these games or we are out.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If we win tonight in LA and St-Louis loses against the Capitals, then the Avs are in charge of their own destiny with the final game of the season regardless if the Blues beat Chicago back-to-back.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
One good thing about the St. Louis game on Saturday is that it's part of a back to back for them. They have a home and home with Chicago which I don't care how bad a team is, it's tough to beat the same team twice in three nights. Then after their Friday nighter in Chicago they have to fly to Denver and play the Avs the next night.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
One good thing about the St. Louis game on Saturday is that it's part of a back to back for them. They have a home and home with Chicago which I don't care how bad a team is, it's tough to beat the same team twice in three nights. Then after their Friday nighter in Chicago they have to fly to Denver and play the Avs the next night.

This is why i am clinging on to hope. Maybe the Hawks will want to crush the Blues playoff hopes and sweep them, then again the Avs still have to win their games.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Bednar should have played Keep Holden on on repeat at 2nd intermission last night, that would have done the trick!

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Anyone know the last time Rantanen scored on the PP other than the CHI game? Seems like he won't shoot lately.

edit: 1 ppg in last 15

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Tonight's game is a toss up. I have no idea what will happen, but I'm sure it will be better than the last time we played LA.

I'm curious to see what type of team SJ dresses against the Avs. That game has zero importance to them.

We beat St Louis. Confident about that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad