Pre-Game Talk: Week of "Win Them All Or Die Trying" @MIN, @DAL, vs. CHI, @CHI

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
That last home game against the Jets stands the easiest one to win... If they have the Central division locked up by then(And good chance they do) then no doubt we'll get the backup tendy and good chance that 2-3 of the big name guys are resting that night.

And quite frankly that Home game against Arizona should be an easy win as well. The Yotes roster isn't actually dangerous and our guys should be extremely fired up at home to play such a big game.

I expect us to win that Yotes game, the Edmonton game, and the Winnipeg game. Meaning we just need to get one more win out of the Hawks, Sharks, Blues, and Vegas and we should be alright.
I expect nothing. We could easily have a losing record down the stretch and miss the playoffs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Remember guys that there are tow days off after today so if Gru feels good let him play as he has those two days to get rest before the next game.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Beginning of the week we were saying we needed to go 8-2 in the final ten games, now 4-3 would do.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Greer's on the transaction page so it looks like he'll join the team in Chicago. I'd guess it's just to have another body and more nachos duty for him rather than actually playing.

Does this count against the recall limit, which means the Avs will only have one left, or does it not apply to recalling the same player? It probably won't end up mattering since there's only a few games left but you never know with how the Avs are getting hit with injuries.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Greer's on the transaction page so it looks like he'll join the team in Chicago. I'd guess it's just to have another body and more nachos duty for him rather than actually playing.

Does this count against the recall limit, which means the Avs will only have one left, or does it not apply to recalling the same player? It probably won't end up mattering since there's only a few games left but you never know with how the Avs are getting hit with injuries.

He should 100% play. They only played graves like 6 minutes yesterday. Might as well put Greer in and stir some shit up.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He should 100% play. They only played graves like 6 minutes yesterday. Might as well put Greer in and stir some **** up.
With our injury luck lately (including Barrie nearly losing his career) it's not a bad idea to roll 7d. Graves is good on the PK, and can play more minutes if needed.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Or of course the message that the team has no faith in Varly and he's such a bad goalie that we'd rather go with a tired Grubauer.
Gruby's on a hot streak. I'd rather not risk derailing it at this point. I'd rather rest him and have him ready to go for the Golden Knights.

But it's clear we're not going to change each others' minds. Good thing neither of us has a say in who starts tonight. I'll happily eat crow if Gruby starts and plays well.

f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

Reactions: TruePowerSlave

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Beginning of the week we were saying we needed to go 8-2 in the final ten games, now 4-3 would do.

Well... I did say if we could beat all the teams we're in a fight with, 7-3 could very well get it done. And then we went and beat Minnesota, Dallas, and took 3/4 possible points out of Chicago. And both Minnesota and Arizona lost games that weren't necessarily expected to be losses with Arizona actually only getting 1/4 possible points against Florida and New Jersey.

I'd even say 3-3-1 would do it from here out, as long as one of those wins is against Arizona.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I'm not sure what is so odd about it. The Avs want an extra body when on the road. When at home they can call him up an hour before the game if needed. Furthermore I believe these call ups don't even count towards the 4 max a team has after the TDL because they are allowed to have an extra forward to go on the road. I'll need confirmation on this though.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I'm not sure what is so odd about it. The Avs want an extra body when on the road. When at home they can call him up an hour before the game if needed. Furthermore I believe these call ups don't even count towards the 4 max a team has after the TDL because they are allowed to have an extra forward to go on the road. I'll need confirmation on this though.

Its only odd when you are fan blogger and don't understand the business...

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's still dumb though that he didn't get even a sniff of ice time in the 2nd half of a b2b. The guy is there...****ing use him.
Yeah agree. Playing Mack 24 minutes both nights of a B2B doesn't make sense to when you have this guy available. I am sure a 19-20 mins Mack would have been a lot more efficient during the game and in OT during that backcheck.

Reactions: Avs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Having a player in the lineup that the coach doesn't trust makes less sense than throwing Greer in because fans want it to happen.

I'm no Bednar apologist, at all actually, but he's in a playoff fight and the team is responding right now. Let him have the rope. If they had done it the prospect watchers' ways, we would have had Kaut, Greer, Meloche, and Toninato up here leading the charge...

Reactions: MarkT

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Greer is making some extra cash and he's probably not even with the team in the first place. He could stay in Loveland for all we know but he's also eligible to play for the AVS if they decide to do so. Pretty smart move if you ask me and i'm also pretty sure that AJ is fine with this because ...

giphy.gif

Posted this in the GDT as well. I'm all over the place today.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I may need to recalibrate my sarcasm detector...
Maybe I needed to be clearer...
What I meant was that if you take away 4 mins from Mack and play Greer instead Mack would have been less tired and hopefully played better during the game and had a better backcheck in OT. Wasn't implying Greer would have played better than Mack.

Reactions: Pokecheque

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
What I meant was that if you take away 4 mins from Mack and play Greer instead Mack would have been less tired and hopefully played better during the game and had a better backcheck in OT. Wasn't implying Greer would have played better than Mack.
Greer can't button-hook at the speed that MacKinnon can.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Okay, at first I read it as sarcasm, then read it again and thought different...wasn't quite sure.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Having a player in the lineup that the coach doesn't trust makes less sense than throwing Greer in because fans want it to happen.

That’s fair. But he would be replacing another guy in the lineup Bednar clearly doesn’t trust.

I haven’t really minded the 11 forwards and 7 D as much as a lot of other people here seem to have. But especially now with both Landy and Rantanen out, I think 5 minutes of Greer is a lot more beneficial than 5 minutes of Graves. It would cut back a few minutes of TOI for Mack. Because at this rate, the poor guy won’t even be able to stand up in a week or 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad