Pre-Game Talk: Week of "Win Them All Or Die Trying" @MIN, @DAL, vs. CHI, @CHI

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Did the Avs seriously send Greer back down after calling him up and not playing him yesterday? I saw one poster claiming that this has happened, but I have not seen any confirmation.

It would be rather crazy if true.
According to CapFriendly Transactions on Twitter. It is true - he's been sent back down.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
tomorrow’s game scares me
DefensiveFaroffKudu-size_restricted.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I still like Bednar, i really do. But his handling of Greer makes me grumpy and i just want to punch some sense into him.

Makes even less sense when you consider that was their third call up after the deadline. Only one left :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Did the Avs seriously send Greer back down after calling him up and not playing him yesterday? I saw one poster claiming that this has happened, but I have not seen any confirmation.

It would be rather crazy if true.

This really makes no sense. They used up one of their limited call-ups on him only to sit him in the press box and send him down the next day. Do Sakic and Bednar not talk about these things?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Any chance Landeskog made a miraculous recovery or is going to play through it? The return of the LBN? It's weird to bring an extra forward on the trip to be on the safe side and then send him down before the trip is even over.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Maybe Bednar dislikes Greer for having complained to the media after being sent down.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I came around on Nieto this year. His defensive acumen is much better than I ever gave him credit for.

My one concern is that he's missed a whole lot of time, as we've seen with Wilson and Cole, guys trying to shake off the rust right now can prove to be costly.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Maybe Bednar dislikes Greer for having complained to the media after being sent down.

I would bet good money this is at least somewhat of an issue. We saw Bednar play these stupid power games with veterans in his first season (Soderberg, for one significant one); it’s not at all a shock to me that he does it with someone like Greer too. He wants to be seen as a hardass but he’s not a yeller like Tortorella, so he does this passive-aggressive shit instead.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So... gotta be Varly tonight right? And hope he can pull out a classic Varly performance in Chicago.
Varly with a 47 Save shutout today. Hawks will come out flying fighting for their lives but Varly will go "vintage" one last time. After the game Zad will hug him with so much intensity that he's out for the season. Which leads to a Franky callup who takes the crease after the 2nd Playoff game (because Grubi - my dad - can't do Playoffs) and ... BOOM ... Stanley Cup.

And yes, i'm still a bit drunk from last night.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I think starting Varly tonight makes sense. Give Gru some rest and Varly usually plays well against the Hawks.

Plus, Grubauer has a pretty bad game yesterday. He more than doubled his GAA from his last 8 starts.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad