Pre-Game Talk: Week of stressing (@VGK, PHI, CHI, @ANA)

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Minnesota
Colorado
Los Angeles
Anaheim
St. Louis

Which one of the 5 doesn’t make it? Everyone else is too far out or too far in.

I think the Ducks

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I hate to say it but solely based on the schedules I dont like our chances much out of the ones that are left. Need a couple of the bottom feeder teams to play spoiler I think for us to get in.

Minnestoa is IMO a low key candidate to miss the playoffs as well. They also have a very tough schedule down the stretch. 5 Road games left that includes Nashville, LA, Anaheim, and San Jose in 4 of those 5 games for a team that has struggled almost as badly as us on the Road this year as well. Also a team missing it's #2D right now.

EDIT: Boston is up 1-0 right now on the Mild. If they can hold on and win that one in regulation that will leave the Mild at 2 points up on us with even games played. We own the tiebreaker against them in ROWs(We're tied at 39 each now but us 2 points back so if we gain the 2 points in the form of a ROW we get to 40), but also hold the tiebreaker in the season series against them as well. So if we tie them in points we jump ahead.

5/7 remaining games for them is then on the road, with like I said earlier 4/5 being very tough road games and the 5th road game being in Dallas as well.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This week is crucial. I think we need 3 wins, otherwise it gets nasty.. You don't want to have all must wins vs LA, Ducks etc..

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's a tough schedule, but 4 out of 6 points should be enough to at least keep us in the race.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's a tough schedule, but 4 out of 6 points should be enough to at least keep us in the race.

Yeah, 4/6 keeps us in the race, 6/6 will give us at least 1 game of breathing room.

Have to remember LA and Anaheim play each other at the end of this week. So both teams cant get 2/2 points in that game.

Even if that game turns out to be a 3 point game, that would mean one of those teams only gets 5/6 points this week. So by getting 4/6 it would mean we stayed tied with one of those teams and 1 back of the other team. While getting 6/6 points this week would mean going to 2 or 3 points ahead of at least one of Anaheim/LA, heading into the last week of the season.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Need to at least win both those games against a tired Philly (at Dal night before us) and a tired Chicago (vs Jets night before us).

Also, for those of us in Canada, tomrrow's game vs VGK is on Sportsnet.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
McJesus deciding to turn it on for the Art Ross smh. But he can do whatever he wants if he beats the ducks. I’m telling y’all they look mediocre.

Minny only got a point. I think they still aren’t safe either

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs need to take care of business at home vs Chicago and Philadelphia, and come away with at least 1 point in Vegas. If they can end the week with 95 points, it'll help tremendously towards making the playoffs but they still won't be out of the woods.

I honestly think it might take 97-99 points for both wildcard teams to get in. That's how stupid the West is right now.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think the Avs go 4-2-1 to close out the season. Losses against L.A and San Jose. OT loss to Blues.

I just looked now, but the Blues schedule is harder than I thought it was. Washington, San Jose, Vegas, Avs, Chicago x2, and Arizona. I wonder how much the Hawks would like to make sure the Blues aren’t getting in ether.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The avs have been playing well (except for that Kings game). Looks like the magic number might be 98 points though instead of 96. Gaudreau apparently went home yesterday, so he won't be playing tonight.

It is going to be a crazy finish.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think the Avs go 4-2-1 to close out the season. Losses against L.A and San Jose. OT loss to Blues.

I just looked now, but the Blues schedule is harder than I thought it was. Washington, San Jose, Vegas, Avs, Chicago x2, and Arizona. I wonder how much the Hawks would like to make sure the Blues aren’t getting in ether.

Doesn’t seem very tough to me. I think they’ll win 4 of the 3 at least.

Don’t like our chances in Vegas tonight unfortunately.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Blues are surprisingly hurt at the moment. A win tonight would go a long way. Having Ghetto and Wilson would help but I don't think they are playing

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
7 games left. They need to win the home games and find a way to win one on the road. That has to be enough. So let's get that road win tonight.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't want Mack double-shifted this year. Since Bednar went to 11F/7D Mack has been trying to do a lot more by himself due to lack of quality on the other line he plays on and that translate to the first line as well now. He needs to play on the first line only for now and go back to using his linemates more like he used to do when they were hot.

Also Sakic needs to figure out faceoffs next year. I'm not too worry about 5vs5 but it hurt us a lot on the PP. Most of the time we lose two faceoffs on each PP and therefore waste about 40 secs of the 2:00 (20 secs each time) fetching the puck in our zone and getting organized.

Reactions: Gabe the Babe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->