Pre-Game Talk: Week of Not with a Bang but a Whimper [vsCAR | vsANA | vsNJD]

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hung out to dry on both goals last game. He should get the next game imo but Jared going to Bednar I just know it. Then hes gonna recall Dries and say we are dressing him because he plays Centre.

I don't get the hate for Bednar, especially over his use of random 4th liners. Maybe if he was giving Bourque, Dries, Agozzino, etc big minutes but that never happens. Avs have like 6 good forwards, 3.5 good D, and 2 goalies who played worse than shooter tutors for over a month but they're a couple points out of the playoffs. I don't think Bednar's anywhere near the top of the list of the Avs problems.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't get the hate for Bednar, especially over his use of random 4th liners. Maybe if he was giving Bourque, Dries, Agozzino, etc big minutes but that never happens. Avs have like 6 good forwards, 3.5 good D, and 2 goalies who played worse than shooter tutors for over a month but they're a couple points out of the playoffs. I don't think Bednar's anywhere near the top of the list of the Avs problems.

This team spends the most time on the power play and penalty kill than any other team in the league and has been struggling in both areas nearly the entire season. They are also the most penalized team in the NHL despite the fact they haven't a single "goon"-type player on the roster. They have also continued to commit too-many-men penalties nearly 70 games into the season. One could also argue their inability to create offense at times is as much a systemic issue as it is a personnel issue.

He's absolutely near the top of that list.

Reactions: McMetal

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
6 minutes of Greer, Toni > 6 minutes of Bork, Dries, Ghetto. Jared isnt the biggest issue facing the Avs but he is an issue.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

His overly mechanical systems, lack of ability to adapt in game, the amount of penalties this team takes, his horrible choices for the 4th line, the only time this team has ever been consistent was his first year, oh and he’s had two slides at the helm of epic proportions. Sure the roster isn’t great but Bednar definitely has his faults.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I gotta bow out. Can someone take the GDT for today?

giphy.gif

15 mins until puck drops and nobody here cares.

God what a season this has turned into.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad