Pre-Game Talk: Week of falling out of the playoffs (Van)

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What do you do when your team has one good thing going for them? Take it away!
He is our first line center now.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Blame MacK for this. He was asked about splitting up the top line and was all for it because things aren't going well. I'm sure he's probably spoken to Bednar and told him he thinks he can produce on his own with different wingers.

That said, it's Colin ****ing Wilson. MacK isn't touching that puck lol.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I like the idea of MacKinnon - Soderberg - Compher down the middle; that's how it should be in an ideal world.

But lordy, poor MacKinnon.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I like the idea of MacKinnon - Soderberg - Compher down the middle; that's how it should be in an ideal world.

But lordy, poor MacKinnon.
Last time this experiment was tried, I don't think it lasted an entire period. If the Avs are losing, Bednar will panic and put them back together immediately.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I’m all for spreading the wealth, but this is spreading the wealth across the 7 seas for it to be lost.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
If they trot out a Mack, Kerfoot, Wilson line tomorrow then f*** it I won’t even waste my time watching the game.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
While I’ve never bought into MacK being a “dumb” player I’m not stoked about him being separated from his “brain” (Rantanen).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't seen Zadorov's twitter or Instagram, but I hear that he was vacationing in Mexico during the entire break. There were probably a lot more doing the same as well.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Tonight is a "Must-Win"....I can´t believe we are still sitting on this 2nd wild card....:sarcasm:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This Girard on the top pairing seriously needs to end. It's not that Samwise has played bad, but he isn't doing anything positive for wins. I very much would love to see the Zadorov-Johnson again to shutdown opposing lines. When they were together, players were honestly scared to dump the puck in on them and Bednar has reduced any scare factor by putting the hobbit on the top line.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This Girard on the top pairing seriously needs to end. It's not that Samwise has played bad, but he isn't doing anything positive for wins. I very much would love to see the Zadorov-Johnson again to shutdown opposing lines. When they were together, players were honestly scared to dump the puck in on them and Bednar has reduced any scare factor by putting the hobbit on the top line.
I absolutely think he's playing very poorly.

Our problem is too many of our defensemen are playing poorly. If possible, I'd stick both Cole and Girard on the 3rd pairing and play them only 12-14 minutes per game right now but we don't have that luxury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad