Pre-Game Talk: Week of falling out of the playoffs (Van)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oilers don't play till Saturday aswell so Edmonton radio talking non stop about who they can fleece at the trade deadline to get them over the top and push for playoffs lol.
They should try and make a trade with Edmonton, they're probably the easiest to fleece. Oh wait

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I be more upset if we were on a winning streak lol

Yeah, that's how it usually seems to work with this team. This is the rare time where the extended time off is actually perfectly timed.

Plenty of time for a mental reset and for everyone to renew strategy and get on the same page in practice when they come back. As annoying it is to not have Av games for so long.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oilers don't play till Saturday aswell so Edmonton radio talking non stop about who they can fleece at the trade deadline to get them over the top and push for playoffs lol.
Maybe they could start by hiring a GM.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Coming back from a long break...what could possibly go wrong?
If I'm doing the math right, the last time they had a long break was a 5 day break, they came back and went winless in 5 games or so before winning a game, so after a 9 day break, they should go winless in 9 games?

I dont even wanna think about it, but it might get uglier than already is.

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Me too... but this is the Avs. Succeed shortly after being drafted and/or early in your ELC or risk being given up on.

(I gave that a "like", but I want to clarify -- I "liked" the comment because that's how the Avs operate...not because I like that attitude from the Avs)

Reactions: Tru

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Me too... but this is the Avs. Succeed shortly after being drafted and/or early in your ELC or risk being given up on.

What are the examples of this? I don't see any except Bigras and Bleackley and both made plenty of sense to move on from.

They kept Hishon for 6 years and Siemens for 7 years after being drafted.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs have like the worst schedule an NHL team can have. They've already had couple of 4 or 5 days off and now 9 days off. What is this, a beer league hockey schedule?

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well considering the Avs have the worst record in hockey since December and are very clearly not a bottom-feeding team on paper, something's gotta give. They pull their heads outta their asses and they'll make the playoffs

Reactions: MacBradley

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If we had average goaltending the Avs would would have a winning record in the past 2 months. Its quite obvious what the issue is and the only thing the skaters can try to do is score 4+ goals every single game to give them a chance. Its impossible to play a perfect defensive game from start to finish.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If we had average goaltending the Avs would would have a winning record in the past 2 months. Its quite obvious what the issue is and the only thing the skaters can try to do is score 4+ goals every single game to give them a chance. Its impossible to play a perfect defensive game from start to finish.
If they had average goaltending, they would be solidly in the top 3, and we'd be talking about home ice advantage.

Huge mistake squandering so many points.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The Avs have like the worst schedule an NHL team can have. They've already had couple of 4 or 5 days off and now 9 days off. What is this, a beer league hockey schedule?
We actually got lucky with our break. MacKinnon should be back to 100% by Saturday. If he hadn't broken anything, it's probably just bruising / swelling / soreness.

I agree our schedule was ridiculous earlier in the season. B2b games, 4 days off, b2b games

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, that's how it usually seems to work with this team. This is the rare time where the extended time off is actually perfectly timed.

Plenty of time for a mental reset and for everyone to renew strategy and get on the same page in practice when they come back. As annoying it is to not have Av games for so long.

That's one way to look at it, another way would be, how annoying it's been watching Av games for the last couple of months

Reactions: Waingro

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

So for the last TWO MONTHS we've been as bad as we were in the 48 pts season.

panic-button-500x500.jpg

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad