Pre-Game Talk: Week of Canada, eh? (@wpg, @cgy, @mtl)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couple of interesting charts. Avs aren't playing great based on the eye test but the numbers suggest they're not terrible either. Even average goaltending over the last little while likely would've meant more points.

This is the first time I've seen this shot chart. Click on the Avs to laugh at Bourque.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Couple of interesting charts. Avs aren't playing great based on the eye test but the numbers suggest they're not terrible either. Even average goaltending over the last little while likely would've meant more points.

This is the first time I've seen this shot chart. Click on the Avs to laugh at Bourque.

Now if we could work on rantanens fancy stats. Then we could have another top line player!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

It's easy to explain, really. AVS play differently (ie: better possession game) when they are trailing than when they are leading...which is why we have good advanced stats when we lose and shitty ones when we win. The way we protect leads is often perilous, to say the least.

Reactions: MacBradley

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Not according to the Avs' website but sometimes they're a bit late with the update.
I don't think they'll call him up during the road trip anyway. I don't even think they'll call him up as long as the two other guys are both healthy.
Chances are slim for sure. But this team needs "something" - and i mean something else than Mac being pissed - to turn things around. No idea what else to do because i can't imagine for the life of me that Sakic is even thinking about a trade to spark things up.

Reactions: klozge

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If either of the goalies play a shit game like the last two and Avs outplay the opponent, I'm not watching anymore until Francouz is called up. The biggest reason for the slide has been subpar goaltending and I can't stand watching that night in night out.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Chances are slim for sure. But this team needs "something" - and i mean something else than Mac being pissed - to turn things around. No idea what else to do because i can't imagine for the life of me that Sakic is even thinking about a trade to spark things up.
The "something" they need is decent goaltending. There has been nothing wrong with the way they have been playing lately. Well...except the PK maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad