Pre-Game Talk: Week of Canada, eh? (@wpg, @cgy, @mtl)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
L. (When was the last time Avs won a game in Winnipeg?)
Automatic loss (because 2nd of b to b)
W

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Calgary just murders us, and always has, for whatever reason. Our new Minnesota.

Or I guess old Minnesota, they just haven't f***ed off yet.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Backlund/Tkachuk are the only guys in the league that can say they’ve shut down Mackinnon consistently since the start of last season.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm optimistic about the game in Calgary. We were in winning positions both games, just need to close them out.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Calgary just murders us, and always has, for whatever reason. Our new Minnesota.

Or I guess old Minnesota, they just haven't ****ed off yet.
Calgary beat us 3-2 in OT, and in the second game, we blew a 4-1 lead in the 3rd and lost 6-5.

Definitely not murders. Calgary is playing a lot better now than they were then, though. We are not lol

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Looking forward to seeing the Avs play the Jets without Byfuglien in the lineup. Avs never seem to have an answer for him, and he just does whatever he wants against Colorado.

Saw somewhere on Twitter Z is in a regular jersey at practice so hopefully he is back tomorrow, and Nemeth is in the press box.

Oh don't worry, Big Byf will find a way back into the lineup to play us. It's honestly uncanny how much players from other teams seem to always have their first games back against us. That and we seem to give rookies their first goals/points ever or give players goals who are in complete ruts.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Oh don't worry, Big Byf will find a way back into the lineup to play us. It's honestly uncanny how much players from other teams seem to always have their first games back against us. That and we seem to give rookies their first goals/points ever or give players goals who are in complete ruts.

Barrie reading this post:

UdwXjYp.png

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Side note i'll be in Canada over the next two weeks in Nelson and Rossland. Not at the games but in the same country. Was hopeful I could make it to one of them but the skiing just looks way to good.... Last time I was in Canada while the Avs were there the won most of the games on a road trip there. Hoping for the same!

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Side note i'll be in Canada over the next two weeks in Nelson and Rossland. Not at the games but in the same country. Was hopeful I could make it to one of them but the skiing just looks way to good.... Last time I was in Canada while the Avs were there the won most of the games on a road trip there. Hoping for the same!
They prolly won those games in Eastern Canada because Western Canada might as well be Nairobi at night for the Avs.

Reactions: JLo217

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Big Byf? Lol!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad