Pre-Game Talk: Week of Canada, eh? (@wpg, @cgy, @mtl)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
To answer the second question, it looks like Varly is healthy, he practiced with the team. So no, Francouz is back in the minors.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well, I just hope the team is some how able to figure out how to play at the pace they played the Rangers on a consistent basis. Oh and the goalies stop letting in back breakers.

If those things happen we may have a fighting chance against these teams.

This road trip will be one hell of a test to see if they actually learned anything concrete from the losing streak, or if the Rangers game was just them getting some luck and rolling over a bad team. I think they earned their power plays, and I think they made the Rangers dizzy with their pace, but who knows.

I'd like to enjoy watching this team for the rest of the season. That last 12 or so games got me to the point of not caring that much if I missed watching them live or not. I f***ing went grocery shopping instead for f*** sake, and I hate that shit unless it is for Bourbon (The Avs shit run made me drink all of my good shit).

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I haven't been able to really watch live for a while so I'm really looking forward this week's games. I missed watching, even though apparently I didn't miss many good games. Hopefully they welcome me back with a good stretch.

Kosty17

Jan 1, 2019
Would love to see them pull 2 wins off out of the 3 at least. It’s a bonus our road game has been a lot stronger this year. But man have we struggled in Winnipeg’s and Calgary’s barns for a few years now. And we get to play them back to back none the less. Hopefully that spanking we gave to the rangers is just what this team needed to get some confidence back.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It's strange that I've seen Avs play live twice and some of you who live on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean have never seem 'em play.

Please come back to Europe my dear Avs, I miss ya.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
W, L, W

Calgary always seems to have our number, and we are especially screwed if Varly starts in Western Canada. Though I likely won’t get to see much, if any of the games since I’m on a week long vacation to the east coast.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Looking forward to seeing the Avs play the Jets without Byfuglien in the lineup. Avs never seem to have an answer for him, and he just does whatever he wants against Colorado.

Saw somewhere on Twitter Z is in a regular jersey at practice so hopefully he is back tomorrow, and Nemeth is in the press box.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Will attend the Montreal game with my new Mack jersey. Can't wait!
I'll be in Toronto on the 14th. Avs have been good in Toronto the last few years.

I've seen the Avs a few times in Montreal, and the bell center has to be the best atmosphere in hockey. The fans are assholes, but whatever lol it's a good time.

Reactions: Balthazar

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll be at the Montreal game.

Honestly, I'm not expecting any wins this week. It's a tough one. As long as the Avs don't roll over and play a full 60 minutes I'll be happy.

Ideally, the team comes out blazing in Montreal for me after getting beat up in Calgary and Winnipeg.

Well... ideally they win all of their games but...

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Jets have some injuries right now but I'm still not very hopeful, Calgary is always good for an infuriating loss. Not expecting a fun week of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad