Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (@TOR, @MTL, @STL)

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Idk, I don't know that MacKinnon is really one of the fastest skaters at this point, more like one of the most powerful skaters. He's traded his over the top quickness for a better balance of speed and strength. He looks substantially thicker and heavier than the super speedsters.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Idk, I don't know that MacKinnon is really one of the fastest skaters at this point, more like one of the most powerful skaters. He's traded his over the top quickness for a better balance of speed and strength. He looks substantially thicker and heavier than the super speedsters.

Hes still one of the fastest. Top 10 in this league for sure.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

He's always been a mix of power and speed, I don't really think he's traded anything off this season, only that he's now realized he doesn't have to do everything at full throttle, he can change speeds and throw off defenders. Can't help but think he might have watched McDavid do that, it's a huge part of his game.

But no, in terms of both acceleration and top speed MacKinnon is close to tops in the league.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even though we know Subban isn't tall, seeing Burns towering over him during that CBC interview was weird.

Hope you Americans can find a way to watch the Canadian stream w/ Ron Maclean, Kypreos and Friedman.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Eichel isn't winning a beauty constest anytime soon.

Am I the only one watching or what?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lol is Mack drunk. I've never seen him skate like that in his life lol. Hopping around the ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Also, does everybody find it weird in the directions everyone had gone. As a righty I'm much stronger crossing over the left side. Plus your stick would be facing out so you can take a tighter turn around the net.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also, does everybody find it weird in the directions everyone had gone. As a righty I'm much stronger crossing over the left side. Plus your stick would be facing out so you can take a tighter turn around the net.
I think you might be the outlier. It's much more natural if you're a righty to cross over to the right, and vice versa if you're a lefty.

MacKinnon wasn't exactly excited for the fastest skater competition. He's faster than that, we've seen him faster this season lol but everyone knew who would win. Well, everyone besides Brayden Point who apparently didn't get the message that you're not supposed to go 100% in this.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The thing I don't like with this competition is the stick is the thing that stops the clock so it comes down to the timing you have to extend your stick when you reach the end.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think you might be the outlier. It's much more natural if you're a righty to cross over to the right, and vice versa if you're a lefty.

MacKinnon wasn't exactly excited for the fastest skater competition. He's faster than that, we've seen him faster this season lol but everyone knew who would win. Well, everyone besides Brayden Point who apparently didn't get the message that you're not supposed to go 100% in this.
He could see the headlines. "Point beats McDavid in Fastest Skater".

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Damn I guess that's why my career ended in junior lol.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Better be slower in a meaningless thing than going all out and risking getting injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->