Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (@TOR, @MTL, @STL)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Forget about last night. Rest up and get ready for the game of the season so far tomorrow night.

I’m already pumped for it, I know the boys will be too.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Z's comment about NHL.com in Mirtle's small defensemen article is hilarious.

“I think if you're going to be that size, you have to be very smart and have good anticipation and good positioning. Obviously you're not going to be able to out-muscle guys. But it's important to be strong on your feet, strong on your skates. You see a lot of smaller players now coming into the league that are hard to knock off the puck because their centre of gravity is lower, and they're able to be strong on the puck. That's what I see out of Sammy. For a smaller guy, he's still strong on pucks and able to make plays.”
That was when Avs defenceman Nikita Zadorov overheard the conversation — including the fact that Girard was listed at 162 pounds on the NHL's website — and wanted to weigh in.
“NHL.com is shit,” he huffed in his deep voice. “They have me at like 230 or 235.”
Zadorov walked away.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Intersting that a reputable news site like The Athletic doesn't censor, but HF Boards does.

I'd guess that it's because it has a paywall/subscription service, so some dumb little kid can't stumble onto it and be like mommy what's a :eek::eek::eek::eek:?

I Love Z so much though. Seems like an awesome guy.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Looking at the upcoming games through Feburary, it definitely seems like one of the more lighter months

Bottom 10 teams:
VAN x3
EDM x3
BUF x1
CAR x1
MTL x1

Playoff bubble/ Playoff teams:
SJ x1
WPG x2
STL x 1
CGY x2

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Looking at the upcoming games through Feburary, it definitely seems like one of the more lighter months

Bottom 10 teams:
VAN x3
EDM x3
BUF x1
CAR x1
MTL x1

Playoff bubble/ Playoff teams:
SJ x1
WPG x2
STL x 1
CGY x2

We haven't exactly done well against the bottom 10 teams...

Reactions: McMetal

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not sure if it was posted already but this EJ Q&A is a good read:

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I read that awful blog post that Haefele lol'd about that speculates on whether it's time to trade R$0$R. He tries to go all sour grapes on the players that came to Colorado (Zadorov still looks lost except for some brief flashes, Compher's plus/minus rating sucks) before ragging on O'Reilly and the other overpaid Sabres.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I read that awful blog post that Haefele lol'd about that speculates on whether it's time to trade R$0$R. He tries to go all sour grapes on the players that came to Colorado (Zadorov still looks lost except for some brief flashes, Compher's plus/minus rating sucks) before ragging on O'Reilly and the other overpaid Sabres.

That was a hilarious read. Just shut up if you don't know anything about the other team.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Glad the fastest skater comp is one full lap around the ice like old times. Mackinnon benefits since his stride is more about power than quickness and he can accelerate around the wide turns instead of those weird sharp turns in the half ice event.

I predict Mackinnon finishes second. Even though last year was a tad disappointing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
MacKinnon got annihilated last year vs McDavid, but the entire league would get annihilated by him minus maybe Athanasiou. But the way it was set up last year definitely didn't help MacKinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->