Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (Nsh, Min, ASG@SJ)

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love ROR... but I'm just not sure what everyone else is seeing right now making them salivate so much.
Nhl’s New puck tracking technology. Glow puck 2.0

Reminds me of what Fox did around the turn of the century with that yellow streak.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So what we've learned here today? MacK is the reason we suck in OT.
We're good as long as we don't have to defend, and goals against don't matter.

It was nice to see Landy / Rants tear it up though. Dubnyk and Wheeler were brutal in the second game.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I love ROR... but I'm just not sure what everyone else is seeing right now making them salivate so much.

He was playing actual defence unlike most of the other forwards so he looked better in comparison. Plus he was one of the guys skating really hard, so were a few others like Tavares lol.

Doubt the Blues trade him now after just acquiring him.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I’ve finally seen a Leafs fan proposal tilted heavily in our favor:

Zadorov + Kerfoot

Kadri + Gardiner + Bracco

Too bad Dubas won’t be offering that :laugh:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Landy and EK have actually been friends for a few years.

tumblr_mfhv3sjmfr1qzew87o1_500.png

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Saw some of the Star Spangled Banner from the game on Twitter. I'm not even American by any stretch but f***er you're not supposed to do that with anthems and that should be obvious.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Last place in the passing comp. Missed a ton of the mini nets, just over and over again. I mean, it's whatever, just a skills comp, but no bragging rights either.
This it isn t important! He was very good in All Star Games. He scored much goals. Great job by Rants.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Landeskog and ROR together again, a powerful, strong and hardworking duo. This is how they would have looked in Colorado at their peak. They first played together in NHL as teenagers, right?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we weren’t willing to pay a protected 1st, a 2nd from a draft 3 years away, two contract dumps and an average prospect to get ROR from Buffalo we sure aren’t going to overpay to take him from a division rival who isn’t looking to move him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we weren’t willing to pay a protected 1st, a 2nd from a draft 3 years away, two contract dumps and an average prospect to get ROR from Buffalo we sure aren’t going to overpay to take him from a division rival who isn’t looking to move him.

Yeah, I pine at the idea of having traded for him before STL did, but I don't think for a second it would happen now. Especially since STL won't be blowing it up, and we're in their Division.

I do feel like it is reasonable for me to be frustrated that we didn't pay that price for him though. Even if I'm not sure if the relationship could have been repaired. I also don't think it is the players who would have had a problem with it.

Seeing that yesterday was just very bitter sweet.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, I pine at the idea of having traded for him before STL did, but I don't think for a second it would happen now. Especially since STL won't be blowing it up, and we're in their Division.

I do feel like it is reasonable for me to be frustrated that we didn't pay that price for him though. Even if I'm not sure if the relationship could have been repaired. I also don't think it is the players who would have had a problem with it.

Seeing that yesterday was just very bitter sweet.
Yep I was devestated when we didn’t make a better offer than STL in June.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

In addition to the Rantanen-Landeskog duo, St. Louis Blues center Ryan O'Reilly also had a big night under the watch of his former Avalanche teammate. O'Reilly, who played for Colorado during MacKinnon's first two NHL seasons, had seven points in the two games.

"I'm gonna throw O'Reilly in there, right? It was the whole Colorado mafia," Maurice said. "That was the best part of the All-Star Game for me, the way those guys interacted."

Maurice is just rubbing it in too and bringing back all the feelings. Avs aren't getting O'Reilly back but if it did ever happen, it'd be because of his relationship with MacKinnon, Landeskog, and Barrie. Also, the money because he loves his money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad