Pre-Game Talk: Week at the Infirmary (@wpg, @edm, @van)

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The Avs are keeping pace with the best in the Central while being crazy injured. Get at least two points out of Calgary and Minnesota games then pray to sweet Jesus Grubby is back and Rantanen is practicing with the team.

I think Grubauer and Francouz are back for Calgary. They are already skating with the team.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
The depth of this team is so, so impressive, but nothing is quite as impressive as Nathan MacKinnon's ability to put a team on his back.

He had a relatively slow start to the season, but damn has it been impressive how he's totally upped his game with adversity.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

TatteredTornNFrayed

ocelot spleens, ...
Jan 15, 2008
Call me sadistic, but I actually think all of these injuries could turn out good for us. It’s a team building exercise in the end.

Of course there is a point where it does become ridiculous.

If we can keep pace a bit longer, and then start to get several F back, then it may prove helpful to have had the depth tested . But it also kind of feels like we won't be able to keep this up long term, and things could go downhill if the injury/health luck doesn't turn around soon.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Call me sadistic, but I actually think all of these injuries could turn out good for us. It’s a team building exercise in the end.

Of course there is a point where it does become ridiculous.

Especially with all the new faces. It's really helped everyone come together as a team.

Hopefully that will payoff down the stretch and into the playoffs when the games get tighter.

Reactions: 5280

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Calgary about to be shut out in back to back games, naturally they're going to score 8 against us...
6-0. Lost 4 straight, and scored just 3 goals. Like you said, Werner and Bibeau could be what cures them. Lord knows they will want to end their losing streak, and beat the Avs.... bad.

With no Landy to occupy Pukechuk, Z in a full face shield, Calvert possibly out, and Lucic probably still upset with what happened in game 1, I'll almost guarantee the Flames goon it up. Makar, G, and Mack better keep their heads on a swivel. If Gru returns, wouldn't be shocked to see them "accidentally" run him over right away.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I’m hoping rants is back for the leaf game. Hopefully we walk all over Calgary and Minnesota. f*** Minnesota

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
6-0. Lost 4 straight, and scored just 3 goals. Like you said, Werner and Bibeau could be what cures them. Lord knows they will want to end their losing streak, and beat the Avs.... bad.

With no Landy to occupy Pukechuk, Z in a full face shield, Calvert possibly out, and Lucic probably still upset with what happened in game 1, I'll almost guarantee the Flames goon it up. Makar, G, and Mack better keep their heads on a swivel. If Gru returns, wouldn't be shocked to see them "accidentally" run him over right away.
Calgary got hammered by a struggling LV team, and play us on back to back. I like our chances

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Too bad the flames have no one worth running

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I just realized that Vladislav Kamenev is considered a rookie this year too ! :huh::huh::huh::huh:
28 games played in 3 years with COL-NASH before this season.
Strange.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I just realized that Vladislav Kamenev is considered a rookie this year too ! :huh::huh::huh::huh:
28 games played in 3 years with COL-NASH before this season.
Strange.
What strange is that he's NOT hurt like so many others. But with our (and his) luck that will probably change in the next few days ....

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think the hockey gods plan is to keep injuring Avs players until Kamenev is on the top line. It's like a major karmic overcorrection after they realized he was actually only supposed to get one season-ending injury for tripping that kid in the playground.

Reactions: Metallo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->