NFL GDT: Week 9

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Crazy that most of the analysis on this game from the analysts is “will Trevor Lawrence declare” at halftime and pregame.

Apparently cesars and 365bet have said they have seen a 265% increase in trevor Lawrence bets on if he declares.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I want Justin Fields.
Such a meaningless win for the Pats they could've had good chance at Fields and possibly prevented the Jets from Lawrence.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I want Justin Fields.
Such a meaningless win for the Pats they could've had good chance at Fields and possibly prevented the Jets from Lawrence.

Belichick is too proud and stubborn. He still thinks they can run the table.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Jets’ entire roster should be investigated for deliberate tanking. It’s like they wanted to purposely give the game away in the most obvious fashion. The 12th man call, going deep into double coverage on your 1st play of the quarter, the gargantuan gap up the middle for the sack attempt, the wide open receiver to allow necessary yards for Folk to win the game. I mean come on Jets, that’s failure at all levels of football.

The Patriots will not be in the playoff picture if they’re struggling to beat the purposely tanking winless Jets.

Reactions: BSHH

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Jets’ entire roster should be investigated for deliberate tanking. It’s like they wanted to purposely give the game away in the most obvious fashion. The 12th man call, going deep into double coverage on your 1st play of the quarter, the gargantuan gap up the middle for the sack attempt, the wide open receiver to allow necessary yards for Folk to win the game. I mean come on Jets, that’s failure at all levels of football.

The Patriots will not be in the playoff picture if they’re struggling to beat the purposely tanking winless Jets.

The Pats have no chance at playoffs. They have a bottom 5 offense and their defense isnt good enough to carry them.

Reactions: qwerty

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very good loss for the Jets. That was close.

I was wondering why MNF kept showing Josh McDaniels on the sideline and talking him and that awful Pats offense up. Then I remembered all the reports of Louis Riddick being McDaniels' GM if he got a HC job a few years back. Even at the end Riddick was calling that textbook clock management when they really just got lucky the Jets left the middle open and they got the big completion.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Belichick is too proud and stubborn. He still thinks they can run the table.

No he doesn't and he doesn't care about losing games for potential future success he won't even be around to see. Losing to the trash ass 0-8 Jets would have been pathetic and embarrassing for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he retires after this season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Gase is a horrible coach that doesn't deserve to have an NFL job...that said, look at the talent on this Jets team and compare it to the talent on the '96 Jets that went 1-15. It's actually not even close, that 1-15 team was much more talented than this Jets team. Kotite was still his own level of bad.

No team deserves to go winless for a full season.

Any organization that employs Adam Gase and pretty much firesales all its best players deserves whatever it gets.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
No he doesn't and he doesn't care about losing games for potential future success he won't even be around to see. Losing to the trash ass 0-8 Jets would have been pathetic and embarrassing for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he retires after this season
He's not going to retire anytime soon, because there is 1 thing he cares very much about and that's breaking Shula's all time wins record.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
He's not going to retire anytime soon, because there is 1 thing he cares very much about and that's breaking Shula's all time wins record.
I don’t think this is true at all. I don’t think I have ever heard him mention Shula outside of praising him even after all the nasty shit Shula has said about Bill. Da Belly is not going another 5 years to beat a record no one truly cares about and because this season sucks, Belichick probably now needs 6 season to take the record. That ain’t happening dude.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I don’t think this is true at all. I don’t think I have ever heard him mention Shula outside of praising him even after all the nasty shit Shula has said about Bill. Da Belly is not going another 5 years to beat a record no one truly cares about and because this season sucks, Belichick probably now needs 6 season to take the record. That ain’t happening dude.
We'll see, you may be right. I've just heard reports down here, though, that he really wants to have that record. Of course it could just be from people here who have an axe to grind with The Belly. (A lot of reporters, other people have really bought into all the things Shula said about Belly, I'm not really one of them)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

I've watched the Jets do stupid shit like this for the last 20 years, even when they were good.

Anyone thinking that a NFL player would deliberately put anything other than there best performance on tape, just doesn't understand the NFL. The average career is 3 years, you wouls have to be a moron to not give your best.

Reactions: Barnum

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
We'll see, you may be right. I've just heard reports down here, though, that he really wants to have that record. Of course it could just be from people here who have an axe to grind with The Belly. (A lot of reporters, other people have really bought into all the things Shula said about Belly, I'm not really one of them)
Most people who know Bill or are close to him, agree that the record is very important to him

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Most people who know Bill or are close to him, agree that the record is very important to him
And by all intents, it is out of reach unless he tries to go to age 75 and it also means 5-6 seasons with a 9 clip win per season. Does anyone truly believe he will go to age 75 and run a number like that? The Patriots are on a 2 to 4 year rebuild.

If he is saying anything like this, it’s been private. And without any offence towards any fan base but there is no way I am going to listen to hot takes from Miami and NYC sportscasters who hate Belichick.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I've watched the Jets do stupid shit like this for the last 20 years, even when they were good.

Anyone thinking that a NFL player would deliberately put anything other than there best performance on tape, just doesn't understand the NFL. The average career is 3 years, you wouls have to be a moron to not give your best.

Come on dude, this is the era of believable conspiracies. Don’t be such a sheep.

:sarcasm:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
And by all intents, it is out of reach unless he tries to go to age 75 and it also means 5-6 seasons with a 9 clip win per season. Does anyone truly believe he will go to age 75 and run a number like that? The Patriots are on a 2 to 4 year rebuild.

If he is saying anything like this, it’s been private. And without any offence towards any fan base but there is no way I am going to listen to hot takes from Miami and NYC sportscasters who hate Belichick.
Players are playing longer, who's to say coaches dont follow suit. He says he feels good. I also think BB is looking for a quick turnaround here. Obviously not to SB contender next year, but still winning 9 or 10 games and rebuilding in the process

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Credit to the Jets for playing hard and keeping focused on the mission. 0-16 doesn’t quite have the same stench it once did now they we’ve all seen it in our lifetimes.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Players are playing longer, who's to say coaches dont follow suit. He says he feels good. I also think BB is looking for a quick turnaround here. Obviously not to SB contender next year, but still winning 9 or 10 games and rebuilding in the process
Pete Carrol extended until 2025, so that would take him to age 74. But, for Pete, he has a 31 year old Wilson, so that's his QB for his contract.

BB, he doesn't know right now who is QB will be next season. If Stidham is worth a look, he'd have to get him into half the games at least in the second half of the season to see what he has. I think if BB doesn't like his QB options this off-season, I could see him calling it a career soon.

Right now, Jets/Jags appear to have the top 2 picks in the draft. Jets won't trade Darnold within the division. Would likely do something similar to NE and send him to the NFC if possible, like to SF, Chi, Min, Was, Dal before Indy, Den for example. And it depends who is in position to draft Lance. Don't see BB paying who Dak would want. Are Wilson, Jones, or any other QB going to step right in and get the Pats into the playoffs when they are in the same division as Buffalo/Miami now?

I think if it ends up that NYJ get Lawrence, and trade Darnold to SF for a first round pick, then SF cuts Jimmy G, I could see Jimmy returning to NE and BB would get what he wanted about 4 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad