NCAA GDT: Week 9

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Penn states special teams coach is absolute trash. Psu gives up some big trick play every game on special teams. Team probably leads the NCAA in special teams fumbles as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State blows another snap on a punt and gives up another safety.

Trace McSorley also got hurt and is in the tent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State is totally unglued. This is not a playoff-caliber program.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I bet on Iowa, but I hope he is ok. I like him, tough kid.
I had Iowa -6.5. Penn State always has all kinds of trouble with Iowa as it is, now it's raining and people are getting hurt and special teams are failing them.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Penn State is totally unglued. This is not a playoff-caliber program.

It never was a playoff caliber program. Almost losing at home to App State in Week 1, blowing two double digit leads, again at home, to OSU, then losing to a mediocre and injury riddled MSU, again...at home.

They were overrated from the start and have proved it multiple times this year. For some reason people insist on ranking Big-10 teams high.

Hey look they managed to punt the ball lol.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
It never was a playoff caliber program. Almost losing at home to App State in Week 1, blowing two double digit leads, again at home, to OSU, then losing to a mediocre and injury riddled MSU, again...at home.

They were overrated from the start and have proved it multiple times this year. For some reason people insist on ranking Big-10 teams high.

Hey look they managed to punt the ball lol.

The ranking isn't a Big-10 thing. It's a Penn St thing. Penn St, just like a lot of other teams in the whole country, gets positive bias rankingwise because of their name.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The ranking isn't a Big-10 thing. It's a Penn St thing. Penn St, just like a lot of other teams in the whole country, gets positive bias rankingwise because of their name.

True, again it's a program that despite the hype hasn't won a title since 86. But overall the Big-10 is the textbook definition of mediocre and yet teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. find themselves ranked despite some bad losses and zero meaningful wins.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Garbage rankings aren't just preseason, though. They go quite deep into the season, imo, and the biggest benefactors are big-name and SEC-schools. If you're both of those, you're golden until you just lose too many games.

This game is a perfect example. Two teams ranked in the teens that are mediocre at best. Neither one has 100 yards of offense and there's five minutes left in the half lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->