NCAA GDT: Week 9

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Had a lot of jokes at UCF's expense in this thread but in all honestly Florida fans feeling threatened enough to even make threats about pepper spraying UCF fans in Gameday shows you how pathetic a small segment of college football fans are. Sad that their dumb threats had to derail a potentially hilarious invasion up north.
And like I said earlier, if even 1 of those clowns was motivated by any suggestions Herbstreit made its even more pathetic.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
We Are.

None of the remaining offenses on PSU’s slate this year scare me. 9-10 wins still attainable.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I hear they keep turning down an offer to join the ACC because they feel they're and SEC quality school. In the past 10 years these are their P5 opponents.

ACC - Boston College, Miami, NC State, Pittsburgh, with Georgia Tech and UNC cancelled due to hurricanes.

Big 12 - Texas, Kansas State and beat Baylor in the Fiesta.

Big 10 - Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Maryland.

PAC 12 - Stanford

SEC - Missouri, South Carolina while beating Georgia and Auburn in bowl games.

They've also played BYU and Louisville who are now ACC. All the ACC games were home and hhome. Big12 Texas was a 2-1 we go back there in a few, Kansas State was a home and home but they cancelled the return trip. Big 10 Ohio State and Michigan were a one time up there, Maryland a home and home, Penn State was but after we beat them in happy valley they were going to cancel the return trip unless we moved it and ended up in Ireland. PAC 12 Stanford was a home and home, they come here next year. SEC were home and home. They're scheduling P5 teams, they just aren't the P5 ones you only get credit for beating. They aren't afraid to schedule teams it's just that they want to do one and ones and they only get the mid to bottom of the P5 to agree to that. The top names want it on their terms only. With the recent success it's even harder to get teams to play us. But they keep winning and that should count for something.

Got a link to the bolded? Otherwise I'm gonna go ahead and call hogwash, shenanigans AND bullshit on it. The people in charge are too smart to shut down an offer like that. More money, better recruits and a P5 conference. No-brainer. I have a very hard time believing the people making those decisions are so full of themselves after one great season.

I do agree with you on the scheduling, though. For one, the teams on that schedule are decent to good and very good. There's no Kansas, Oregon St, Illinois, Kentucky or Wake Forest there. Second, it's virtually impossible to know 5-10 years in advance what mid-tier P5 school is going to have an up or down year when you play them. The real big guns are a safe bet to be good though. Then again, you could have scheduled Texas and USC when they were perennial top-10 teams not long ago and by the time you faced them, they'd be below average. Third, the big schools refusing to play away games or demanding a home-and home where the "away" game is on a neutral field in big gun territory is definitely a thing and infuriating. f***ing cowards, basically.

I can see a scenario that would be so ESPN. They go out and help UCF get into the ACC, tell everyone how nice they are and want to make it fair for everyone. The next day they get Clemson into the SEC and strip the ACC of its P5 membership.

:rolleyes:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection from the W.L.O.C.P. in Jacksonville...…& the stadium where noted UCF alum Blake Bortles continues to hone his skillz! :yo:

Factoid: Lee is 0-5 when donning UGA & 8-5
when going against the Dawgs.

Sign of the Day: "If you or a loved one has been subjected to Georgia football, you may be entitled to financial compensation.....1-800-UGA-Sucks" :biglaugh:

Alarming Pick for our esteemed poster @Tony Romo : The Bear likes OKST to outright beat Texas tonight :scared:

Celebrity Picker: Legendary boxer Evander Holyfield, whose son Elijah is a RB for the Dawgs, & therefore has no choice but to go with the team who his son plays for.

Lee: Has a problem....says he is 0-5 when he dons the Bulldog. Declares he lives In Orlando FLORIDA, not Orlando GEORGIA as he thrills the Gator fans in the house by donning the Alligator! :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: HisIceness

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Northwestern fails on two QB sneaks, Wisco takes over but promptly fumbles and Northwestern takes over on the W 15. Now another 4th and 1. Come on Wildcats..

Edit: Thorsen dances into the EZ. 14-7 Wildcats.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
ESPN continuing to push their anti-UCF agenda on Gameday & making sure all the anti-UCF signs are in full camera view. :facepalm:

Texas - you are on upset alert.

It's almost like ESPN picks the 4 playoff teams...who knew?

I'd love to see the Pokes pull the upset here, but I dunno, they just look so bad this year. Texas -3 seems like a lay-up...therefore, go the other way. Pokes +3, let's go!

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Three sloppy turnovers by Wisconsin. Northwestern takes advantage and leads by 21 early in the fourth.

Another ranked team is going down. Love it :)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Iowa up 5-0 on Penn State so at least we know that game can’t end 6-4

Reactions: VikingAv

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Twice now the psu strong safety has fallen on a fumbled football and not recovered it. This guy alone is probably going to cost psu at least 6 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad