NFL GDT: Week 8

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It's getting complicated to even understand what they're fighting for anymore.

I thought fron the get go that it was extremely disrespectful to kneel an anthem that represents those who willingly sacrificed their lives for the rights of others, they should of had another mechanism of protest. But now, with players going after each other on top of it, the original message is getting completely lost.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Reid's comments were fine, if what I've read about the Players Coalition is true. If their deal with the NFL involved moving around money (from breast cancer, etc) rather than new money going to social causes, that's shitty and he's right.

It's getting complicated to even understand what they're fighting for anymore.

I thought fron the get go that it was extremely disrespectful to kneel an anthem that represents those who willingly sacrificed their lives for the rights of others, they should of had another mechanism of protest. But now, with players going after each other on top of it, the original message is getting completely lost.

Well that's because you're a f***ing moron that doesn't understand what's happening.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Reid's comments were fine, if what I've read about the Players Coalition is true. If their deal with the NFL involved moving around money (from breast cancer, etc) rather than new money going to social causes, that's ****ty and he's right.

Well that's because you're a ****ing moron that doesn't understand what's happening.
1) Calm the F down.

2) Please do explain

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
1) Calm the F down.

2) Please do explain

First of all, no one gives a shit if you think it was disrespectful. He originally just sat down, and no one cared, but then he spoke with an actual veteran who said this would be more respectful, and now it's become iconic because people are militantly and grossly patriotic. Let's not even mention the thousands of people standing in line to take a piss or to buy food or beer, or the camera men kneeling to take photos, or the people watching at home, none of whom are standing or "respecting the flag", whatever the f*** that means. Second, he's not protesting the flag or the country, but racial injustice, which definitely still exists, and prevalently in law enforcement. That you wanted them to protest differently is irrelevant and speaks to you not knowing or simply not caring about the reasons behind what they're doing.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
First of all, no one gives a **** if you think it was disrespectful. He originally just sat down, and no one cared, but then he spoke with an actual veteran who said this would be more respectful, and now it's become iconic because people are militantly and grossly patriotic. Let's not even mention the thousands of people standing in line to take a piss or to buy food or beer, or the camera men kneeling to take photos, or the people watching at home, none of whom are standing or "respecting the flag", whatever the **** that means. Second, he's not protesting the flag or the country, but racial injustice, which definitely still exists, and prevalently in law enforcement. That you wanted them to protest differently is irrelevant and speaks to you not knowing or simply not caring about the reasons behind what they're doing.

1) what I asked was explanation on why there's discord between movements like Jenkins and Eric Reid. Not if there's racial inequality.

2) I consider racism the most garbage aspect of human life. I don't even know how some "grade" based on color of skin, it doesn't process in my brain. Don't tell me I don't care.

3) if you want to play that game, than I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit that THE MECHANISM is disrespectful.

What if (i.e) another movement (completely different subject) starts that the protest mechanism is to spit in people's faces, is talking about how awful a way it is to protest still "irrelevant"? You can deny all you want, but there's been more talks in the media about kneeling by itself than awareness on racial injustice and actually promoting a better future for African-Americans, which is a damn shame.

And fyi grossly patriotic is not a thing, millions commit their lives to the country. Kneeling was to create a reaction to those people obviously. A QB on television kneeling and a fan buying food during the anthem has absolutely 0 comparison or impact value, comon now. It's the exact same thing in life for everything else.

Now, can you be civil or are we going to have to cancel this conversation?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Watson looked great last night. I know he's been beat up this year, but playing his style he's probably always going to be beat up a little bit and last night looked a bit more of what he looked like at his peak last year.

Also thought the OL did a better job than I expected. Opened up some nice holes.

The Dolphins are a mess on offense. Their best player on offense was a guy they don't even want. Drake looked good, as well. Osweiler is really bad.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
1) what I asked was explanation on why there's discord between movements like Jenkins and Eric Reid. Not if there's racial inequality.

2) I consider racism the most garbage aspect of human life. I don't even know how some "grade" based on color of skin, it doesn't process in my brain. Don't tell me I don't care.

3) if you want to play that game, than I don't give a **** that you don't give a **** that THE MECHANISM is disrespectful.

What if (i.e) another movement (completely different subject) starts that the protest mechanism is to spit in people's faces, is talking about how awful a way it is to protest still "irrelevant"? You can deny all you want, but there's been more talks in the media about kneeling by itself than awareness on racial injustice and actually promoting a better future for African-Americans, which is a damn shame.

And fyi grossly patriotic is not a thing, millions commit their lives to the country. Kneeling was to create a reaction to those people obviously. A QB on television kneeling and a fan buying food during the anthem has absolutely 0 comparison or impact value, comon now. It's the exact same thing in life for everything else.

Now, can you be civil or are we going to have to cancel this conversation?

Oh, you're Pax Macioretty? How did you get off my ignore list? No need to respond to this MAGA word salad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->