NCAA GDT: Week 8: Sparty Party and College Gameday goes to Pullman

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Show me how I compared the two? I said they didn't give us a chance and we proved them wrong. They keep telling us how these big time teams will beat us but we keep holding our own. We'd do a hell of a lot better in the playoffs than Washington or Michigan State did against them.

I'm guessing by this logic, Memphis would hang with Bama too?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
First time since the Kyle Orton administration Purdue looked like a real football team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This version, of Alabama, not a chance. They might lose by 24 if everything goes their way.

Who have they played? Their opponents record is 28-30, their best win is A&M who are a good team but they're a year away from being a threat. They are crushing bad teams. UCF is doing the same so I don't know how much better than last year they are. If Alabama does this to LSU and Auburn, who aren't very good this year, then i'd give them more credit. But this whole they might be one of the greatest teams ever talk is a bit premature.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Who have they played? Their opponents record is 28-30, their best win is A&M who are a good team but they're a year away from being a threat. They are crushing bad teams. UCF is doing the same so I don't know how much better than last year they are. If Alabama does this to LSU and Auburn, who aren't very good this year, then i'd give them more credit. But this whole they might be one of the greatest teams ever talk is a bit premature.

They really crushed Memphis.....

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If you want to tell me that Alabama hasn't played their toughest games yet, that is fair. A&M is a decent team. LSU is a good team, Auburn is not right now. The fact is that this year they are absolutely pulverizing teams more than they ever have. The hype is warranted.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They really crushed Memphis.....

Memphis isn't that bad, they had the 4th longest home winning streak, the 2nd half was played in a monsoon and Milton wasn't very healthy. Just because UCF had a close game and Alabama hasn't doesn't mean they beat them by 60.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Buckeyes are starting to look like the Gators before Urban bolted. Either way, this is what happens when you don't recruit guys who have heart compared to a 5* next to their name. They're losing to Michigan and Michigan St.

Sep 19, 2008
They're losing to Michigan and Michigan St.

As much as I want this to desperately be true I don't know at this point

While seeing Ohio State lose makes me giddy with happiness Urb is like 50-8 over his time there. Tha'ts insane. They lose to teams like Iowa or Purdue and rebound and will probably win out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That is quite wacky

Buckeyes are starting to look like the Gators before Urban bolted. Either way, this is what happens when you don't recruit guys who have heart compared to a 5* next to their name. They're losing to Michigan and Michigan St.
Urb bolted because he knew Saban was beating him in recruiting. Anyone have a sense this is going on in the B1G?

Mar 1, 2002

Ohio St is losing to Michigan.......???? And Sparty????

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh yeah, #TempleTuff

I had the privilege of being down at the Linc an hour after the game began (Flyers game and parking was a mess, should've known better), and there was assuredly more people still in the parking lots than the stadium. It was a big game, and a good game.

Congrats to Wazzu as well for making good on their chance in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Too much is made of Harbaugh's record due to how loud he is.

If not for an incredibly flukey(and memorable) play Harbaugh is 3-1 versus Sparty. OSU is a different story.

But I don't find it unreasonable to have a losing record against them currently. I'm not even convinced they'll be able to beat them this year.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DqAGQ7hW4AE4Lu8.jpg

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
Some guys have already forgotten what Harbaugh was hired to do. Sad.

He was hired to make them win again. He has done so. Therefore the mission is a success.

That being said if they had been mediocre this year Yes I would have demanded his ouster. This was a put up or shut up year for Michigan. Last year they had few expectations because of youth. This year the youth has matured.

People on these boards said that Harbaugh "does not show up for big games and only beats little guys." Well, last I checked Wisconsin is a damn good team and so is MSU. So beating them on the "revenge tour" is pretty big. Would be bigger if they could beat PSU and really make a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->