NCAA GDT: Week 7: Ohio boy takes the South by storm

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Penn St has won 10 or more games three times in the last 10 yrs and finished in the top 25 4 times in that span, Wisconsin has won 10+ 7 times and finished the year ranked 8 times

Penn St is a paper tiger, they will show their true colors once the schedule gets a little tougher

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know Rutgers is unimaginable garbage in every way but to have a single passing yard all game seems particularly impressive

Rutgers should join the ACC. They'd probably even get a bowl bid once in 3-4 years if they did.

They'd never beat Clemson but the rest of the conference they'd have a shot against.

Reactions: Bob Richards

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Penn State has won 7 of the last 9. Nice try, but I’ll take my team.

Since Penn State joined the Big Ten they are 229-102 with 1 Rose Bowl win, 2 Fiesta Bowl wins and an Orange Bowl win with 8 top 10 finishes. Wisconsin is 243-94-4 with 3 Rose Bowl wins, an Orange Bowl win and 8 top 10 finishes.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Since Penn State joined the Big Ten they are 229-102 with 1 Rose Bowl win, 2 Fiesta Bowl wins and an Orange Bowl win with 8 top 10 finishes. Wisconsin is 243-94-4 with 3 Rose Bowl wins, an Orange Bowl win and 8 top 10 finishes.
They don’t recruit like Penn St, they don’t have the brand that Penn St has, they don’t have the history, the national championships, the fanbase, etc. etc.

Oh, and they choked away the B1G title to PSU just 3 years ago.

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Query why is Alabama number 1 I can make a better case for LSU then the Crimson tide atm...
The Crimson tide has beaten T A&M and Duke.
LSU has beaten Texas and Florida
I get this will be fixed in a few weeks but Alabama seems to get more "benefit of the doubt" then any other team... BTW Go Tigers...

some year Alabama might actually not play cupcakes in their OoC schedule... (and a few years ago they did have Florida State.. (They were abysmal that year but that was unexpected.))
LSU and Auburn actually schedule tough OoC games..

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They don’t recruit like Penn St, they don’t have the brand that Penn St has, they don’t have the history, the national championships, the fanbase, etc. etc.

Oh, and they choked away the B1G title to PSU just 3 years ago.

with all these great recruits you’d think Penn State would be a lot better then.

Reactions: member 51464

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
with all these great recruits you’d think Penn State would be a lot better then.
#7 in the nation. IDK, that’s pretty damn good to me.

What they need to do to get over the hump is beat the Michigan schools (should be easier this year) and Ohio St... which they did in ‘16, and came damn close to doing in ‘17/‘18. It’s doable.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
#7 in the nation. IDK, that’s pretty damn good to me.

What they need to do to get over the hump is beat the Michigan schools (should be easier this year) and Ohio St... which they did in ‘16, and came damn close to doing in ‘17/‘18. It’s doable.

Not a lot better than Wisconsin. Seems like it would be easy with all your amazing recruits, brand, history and fan base.

member 51464

Since Penn State joined the Big 10:

Penn State has 9 double digit win seasons. Wisconsin has 12.

Since Franklin started coaching PSU, they have 2 double digit win seasons and are 2-3 in bowl games. In that same time frame, Wisconsin has 4 double digit win seasons and is 5-0 in bowl games.

All-time, Wisconsin has 2 Heisman winners to PSU's 1.

PSU has a 42-32 edge in All-Americans.

PSU has 4 Big 10 titles since joining the conference. Wisconsin has 6 in that same time frame.

I mean, really.

When anyone would readily acknowledge Ohio State has been the class of the conference for some time, and Penn State is not even close to being the clear cut #2, how watered down is the term "blue blood"? Maybe in the Hapsburg sense...

Reactions: End of Line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->