NFL GDT: Week 6

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Denver averaging a blistering 14 points per game on offense.

How can anyone hope to keep up with such a high octane offense?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Denver receivers can’t separate. The final pass play on that jump ball to Jeudy, every chargers was in the bronco hip pocket.

It’s everything wrong for Denver.

Russ not reading the defence. Receivers are not getting any separation at all. Play calling.

The offence is a mess. This is with a first round WR in Jeudy and a 2nd rounder in Hamler, 2nd rounder in Sutton.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure who gets the blame on that muffed punt. Neither guy can see the other. Someone needs to yell ‘fire’ and bail on the ball.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure who gets the blame on that muffed punt. Neither guy can see the other. Someone needs to yell ‘fire’ and bail on the ball.
Responsibility falls on the returner to warn his teammates.m when he can’t get Tor he ball in time to field it to call his guys off with the signal word. This was. A case where he could field it so he called for it and moved up a bit to catch it.

Smart play by the gunner to block the broncos into the returner.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With what they've invested in Wilson, they have to look to change coaches to see if someone else can help get him back on track.
His 2 former OC Bevell and Schottheimer are working for Miami and Dallas respectively. Really no one else would have worked with Russ.

At this point pretty much Hackett is one and done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Once his ass left New England, his ass is grass

Big shocker there. And the Chargers defense is probably a better overall unit too.

Here’s another shock:

Hackett has all the makings of a one-and-done coach. High expectations aside, everyone just seems miserable, they’re not disciplined (150 yards in penalties!), the coach needs a coach, everyone just seems like a bunch of buffoons. They’re lucky the defense is as good as it is, but that just means there’s levels of dysfunction the team hasn’t reached yet. They haven’t had any embarrassing blowouts yet.

Said the same things about Sirianni last year though, but he clearly turned that around because he understood that things weren’t working and first made the adjustments in his head and straightened things out that had the team believe he was figuring it out with them.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Brady goes to Kraft's wedding, doesn't fly back on the private jet Friday night, skips team practices last weekend, and then screams at his teammates on tv trying to look good, and doesn't take responsibility for his poor play.

Rodgers plays poorly and blames the coaches saying "We need to simplify the offense". He's 38 and has won as many conference titles as Rex Grossman, 1. He obviously doesn't belong in the goat conversation.

I don't believe both will finish the season.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Brady goes to Kraft's wedding, doesn't fly back on the private jet Friday night, skips team practices last weekend, and then screams at his teammates on tv trying to look good, and doesn't take responsibility for his poor play.

Rodgers plays poorly and blames the coaches saying "We need to simplify the offense". He's 38 and has won as many conference titles as Rex Grossman, 1. He obviously doesn't belong in the goat conversation.

I don't believe both will finish the season.

I think they both will but it won't be pretty.

Rodgers bitching and moaning is nothing new. I feel like "we need to simply the offense" is code for "holy shit get me a WR" since a hall of Fame level QB apparently can't function without DeVante Adams.

Brady on the other hand....that shit he pulled on Sunday was a really bad look. His love for football probably cost him his family, yet for some reason he's now skipping practices, ****ing off to go to a friend's wedding (which isn't a crime in itself) two days before kickoff and presumably not giving enough of a shit.

He predictably plays like trash and for some reason he's the guy getting angry at others? I feel like the young Tom Brady would have f***ing torn this weird, creepy old version to shreds over that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Big shocker there. And the Chargers defense is probably a better overall unit too.

Here’s another shock:

Hackett has all the makings of a one-and-done coach. High expectations aside, everyone just seems miserable, they’re not disciplined (150 yards in penalties!), the coach needs a coach, everyone just seems like a bunch of buffoons. They’re lucky the defense is as good as it is, but that just means there’s levels of dysfunction the team hasn’t reached yet. They haven’t had any embarrassing blowouts yet.

Said the same things about Sirianni last year though, but he clearly turned that around because he understood that things weren’t working and first made the adjustments in his head and straightened things out that had the team believe he was figuring it out with them.

Q1 was good for Denver, then after that, went downhill for them from Q2 onwards.

At 2-4, they are not out of the WC.

Chargers, Jets at 4-2 and Colts at 3-2-1 are your WC teams at the moment. Denver at 2-4 with a bunch of other teams. But, my goodness, the offence looks inept. No run game to depend on and Wilson not reading the D the way you expect a 10 year veteran to. He doesn't appear to be going past his 2nd progression. Always seems locked on one side of the field, so missing this check downs on the opposite side who are wide open with room to run.

Denver WR has skill and talent, but right now they are not beating their guys one on one. they need to scheme them up better like the rub route vs Indy on the final play or stack them to allow them to get off the LOS. But, straight up man to man press coverage, they are not winning.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Not to defend Russ, because he has not been good, but he isn't getting a lot of help from his line or receivers either, 2nd most dropped passes in the league, and he has been sacked 20 times, knocked down 19 times, and hurried 19

By comparison the Steelers line is considered to be one of the worst in the league and Pickett/Trubisky have only been sacked/knocked down/hurried a combined 13/14/9 times respectively

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not to defend Russ, because he has not been good, but he isn't getting a lot of help from his line or receivers either, 2nd most dropped passes in the league, and he has been sacked 20 times, knocked down 19 times, and hurried 19

By comparison the Steelers line is considered to be one of the worst in the league and Pickett/Trubisky have only been sacked/knocked down/hurried a combined 13/14/9 times respectively
Sometimes, it's also Russ holding onto the ball wanting a big play vs either a check down option or throwing it away when it comes to sacks and the like.

Russ, along with Brees, helped pave the way for shorter guys like Murray to get drafted and likely gets Bryce Young into round 1 as a top 10 pick. But, also high-lites how important it is for the Offence to cater to their skillset, vs the scheme of the HC/OC.

Also hi-lites how important their legs are. If they lose that, can they compensate for it? Right now, for Russ, he's not reading the defences the way you expect him to. For all of the work he seems to put in for his body and practice, his video study of defences isn't at the level you expect from him. I have to believe that this is being pointed out to him in their video meetings. Like, here is your check down Russ. You have to take it if the primary & secondary targets are covered.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Sometimes, it's also Russ holding onto the ball wanting a big play vs either a check down option or throwing it away when it comes to sacks and the like.

Russ, along with Brees, helped pave the way for shorter guys like Murray to get drafted and likely gets Bryce Young into round 1 as a top 10 pick. But, also high-lites how important it is for the Offence to cater to their skillset, vs the scheme of the HC/OC.

Also hi-lites how important their legs are. If they lose that, can they compensate for it? Right now, for Russ, he's not reading the defences the way you expect him to. For all of the work he seems to put in for his body and practice, his video study of defences isn't at the level you expect from him. I have to believe that this is being pointed out to him in their video meetings. Like, here is your check down Russ. You have to take it if the primary & secondary targets are covered.

From what I watched last night, he was lucky the snap got to him before the defenders did half the time, tough to go thru your reads with guys immediately in your lap

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From what I watched last night, he was lucky the snap got to him before the defenders did half the time, tough to go thru your reads with guys immediately in your lap
That's also correct. The Broncos OL was not a strength. the pick they gave Seattle, they took OT Cross, who was regarded as the best pass blocker of the top OL. Carolina's pick the best run blocker. Neal, for the giants, best blend of the two.

That's the difference between acquiring wilson vs manning. Manning was a complete free agent. wilson they had to trade for.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Rodgers bitching and moaning is nothing new. I feel like "we need to simply the offense" is code for "holy shit get me a WR" since a hall of Fame level QB apparently can't function without DeVante Adams.
He won an MVP and Super Bowl while DaVante Adams was a teenager. Right now his WR corps is pretty trash.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
You can’t even subsidize your own city. On top of being a crime ridden cesspool.
I hate to break it to you but NYC's crime rate is significantly lower than Upstate NY's (and most other large cities)

Of course it's also stupid to call the WNY region "dying" when the population is actually growing, and the region (as well as the Finger Lakes region) will only become more attractive as the effects of climate change start to take hold.

• Haha
Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad